Marketplace Feedback
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 x Edstrom Original drinking Valves for Rodents

Price: $300
    Quantity Available 1 lot

General Description I no longer breed rodents, so my rodent watering system is up for sale. It uses 60 brass Edstrom valves, and can supply enough drinking water for 60 x tubs of rodents. The equipment is 18 months old, and is in perfect condition. The brass drinking valves will last forever, and they come with replacement rubber seals/diaphragm’s.

About 70% of the parts are preinstalled on drip line from my setup. I’ve left it all together as it’s a pretty standard size, so it may fit right into your existing setup. Otherwise, you can pull the valves and T-connectors off the tubing after putting the tube in some boiling water for a few seconds. There is lots of left over new tube as well.

The lines have been disinfected and everything is clean and ready to go. When it arrives all you have to do is plug the hose in, and bleed the air out of the lines. This equipment cost me about $600 less than two years ago, from AgSelect.com - livestock equipment for the profitable farm and I think it was about another $150 to ship it here from the USA.

Pickup is not possible, however postage for the lot shouldn’t come to more than maybe $20 or $30, depending on where you live.

I currently have this listed on Ebay, but I'll cancel the auction if I get an offer of $300 from a member on Aussiepythons. (The drinking valves and pressure regulator are worth $300 alone)

Everything below is included;

Pressure Regulator 3/4-10psi (x1)
    This pressure regulator maintains a constant and controlled pressure (it’s set at 5psi) to the Edstrom drinking valves. It has an adjustable output pressure range from 3/4 psi to 10 psi and connects to a standard household tap or hose fitting. There are three different outlet fittings – 3/16" barb, 3/8" barb, and 5/16" barb. One regulator is enough to run all 60 of the valves in this listing.

Edstrom Original Drinking Valve, 3/16"barb connection, all brass (x 60)
    There are 60 x of these included in this auction. The Edstrom Original Drinking Valve is made of solid brass material with a stainless steel stem and a tough elastomer seal and diaphragm. This model has a 3/16" barb connection for use with the Flex-Tube plumbing system (tubing included). To drink, animals simply move the stainless steel stem by biting or licking, releasing water. When the animal releases the end of the stem, the elasticity of the silicone rubber diaphragm located behind the stem head pushes the head back to the closed position, stopping the flow of water. There are 10 x replacement o-rings and 10 replacement diaphragm’s also included in this auction (I have never had to replace either). Currently I have 44 of these valves already hooked up to tubing, which is how it will arrive to you. There are another 17 valves that have never been installed ie brand new.

Mounting Clip for Original Drinking Valve with 3/16"barb (x 61)
    This stainless steel clip is used for mounting the Original Drinking Valve with 3/16"barb to wire cages. 44 of these come preinstalled on the brass Edstrom drinking valve, and there are another 17 that are brand new.

Drain-Vent, Barbed, 5/16" barb, plastic (x13)
    Installed at the end of each tubing run, to allow easy flushing of the watering system. There are 10 of these preinstalled, and another 3 new ones that have never been installed.

Barbed Tee 5/16"barb x 5/16"barb x 5/16"barb, plastic (x 12)
    Tee fitting used to connect 5/16"Flex-Tubing; all three legs of Tee are 5/16" barb. There are 9 of these already installed, and 3 more new ones.

Tee Reducer 5/16"barb x 5/16"barb x 3/16"barb, plastic (x 61)
    Tee reducing fitting used to connect a single line of 3/16"id flex-tubing (attaches to center leg of Tee extending down to the drinking valve – see in the attached pics) to a run of 5/16"id flex-tubing (both top legs of the Tee are 5/16"barbs). There are 44 of these preinstalled just behind each brass Edstrom valve, and another 17 new ones.

Diaphragm for Original Valve with Brass Cap - pink & round w/3 holes (x 10 new, 60 already installed)
    Replacement Diaphragm for Original Valve with Brass Cap. Each brass drinking valve has one installed, and there’s a pack of 10 new replacements ones too.

O-ring Seal for Original Valve, Black (x 10 new, 60 already installed)
    Replacement O-ring Seal for the Original Drinking Valve. If the Drinking Valve leaks or drips then this o-ring should be replaced. Each brass drinking valve has one already installed, and there’s a pack of 10 new replacements ones too.

Flex-Tubing 5/16" (thicker tubing) (5m already installed + 1m new tubing)
    This thicker tubing is used to run water to the top of each line of cages, and then the narrower 3/16” tubing runs to each drinking valve. There is 5 metres of this tubing preinstalled – as per the pics - and another 1m length that is new.

Flex-Tubing 3/16" (thinner tubing) (10m already installed, and another 15m of new tubing)
    This thinner 3/16"id tubing connects water to each of the 60 x drinking valves. There is about 10m already installed, and another 15m of new tubing.

Pickup is not possible

Location NSW

Willing to Freight? Yes for around $30

Contact Details PM me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	263764
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	49