Sexing Marbled Velvet Geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilithLeChat

Reaction score
I have a couple of Marbled Velvet Geckos that are about 6 months old and they haven’t been (reliably) sexed. I managed to snap a few pics of their underbellies in hope that someone might have an idea. It looks to me like they might both be males. Any thoughts?

Damien
full

Close up
full

Regan
full

Close up
full

[doublepost=1566109419,1566107581][/doublepost]Although they’re the same age, Damien (left) is visibly smaller (7 grams) than Regan (right, 10 grams).
I’ve separated them as Regan was bullying Damien and eating most of the crickets.

(No, they don’t live in these containers, I just put them in there to weigh them. Damien now lives inside a click-clack inside the larger enclosure)

full

I have a couple of Marbled Velvet Geckos that are about 6 months old and they haven’t been (reliably) sexed. I managed to snap a few pics of their underbellies in hope that someone might have an idea. It looks to me like they might both be males. Any thoughts?

Damien
full

Close up
full

Regan
full

Close up
full

[doublepost=1566109419,1566107581][/doublepost]Although they’re the same age, Damien (left) is visibly smaller (7 grams) than Regan (right, 10 grams).
I’ve separated them as Regan was bullying Damien and eating most of the crickets.

(No, they don’t live in these containers, I just put them in there to weigh them. Damien now lives inside a click-clack inside the larger enclosure)

full
Hi, where did you buy these?

I need some help i ve got a christinus marmoratus marbled gecko but i dont know if its a boy or girl?

Back