Snake Enclosure Background

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenman

Reaction score
Hi all,
After some advice. I have nearly finished building a new enclosure for my jungle python and was wanting a background of some sort to break up all the white melamine. The internal dimensions are approx 1200 wide x 850 high. All the products from the shops are crazy expensive especially when talking those dimensions. I thought about having a go myself at making one out of expandable foam but really don't have the time or energy at the moment. I am still keen to give that a go one day but figure i can change it out at a later date so at the moment i am after a cheapish alternative.
I was tossing up between an artificial green wall for the background or a using bark to cover the back wall which i can hang some fake plants from to give it some colour. Can anyone see any issues with any of this or does anyone have any other good ideas.

Cheers

I too am looking to upgrade a newly acquired melamine enclosure with an attractive background. Where are some good places to buy natural looking faux-stone terrarium backgrounds? Design ideas for internal ledges and vertical hides would also be appreciated, such as the above example by Cagey.

I finally finished my enclosure. Went against the fake rock look as was too expensive and thought the bark was going to be too hard to clean. Ended up getting a decorative screen from bunnings and cutting to size. Pretty happy how it turned out

C29924A3-9EFF-4C98-AF0E-688DD8E26559.jpeg

That turned out brilliantly, well done! I've probably made 30-40 backgrounds over the years and imo fake naturalistic backgrounds don't really do well with any snakes long term, snake poo is very...penetrating, and there's nothing like spending a Saturday morning chiseling away at rock hard python turds on a fake rock background.

Latest posts

Back