So, how old is my Children's?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 48297

Reaction score
Kro (a Children's python) is about 50 - 55cm, weighs ~53 grams, is on fuzzy mice, and I was told he was three months old when I bought him. The first feed date on his card is the 8th of October. I was inclined to take that information at face value, but Sdaji helpfully informed me that he couldn't be three months old as that would put his hatching date off.

So now I'm utterly confused as to how old he is, and more importantly when I should move him out of the enclosure he's currently in (which is 40cm W x 25cm D x 13.5cm H).

QIjG2eC.png

SdPASHJ.jpg

He seems to be doing great. Ate Sat night, hasn't pooped yet. Sleeps during the day and cruises around his enclosure at night. Temps are 25-26c at the cold end and 31-32c at the warm end (5w heat mat with a thermostat to regulate). He's got a hide at both ends, water dish, and a toilet roll tube in the middle. If there's anything that's off, please do let me know! I'm being a very typical overly concerned first snake owner, but I just want to make sure he's ok.

Thanks in advance for your help :)
[doublepost=1573867646,1573478979][/doublepost]/It's been a week since I fed him last, so I was planning to give him another fuzzy tonight, but he hasn't pooped yet D: is that normal?

Latest posts

Back