Urgent - Need help with a licensing issue QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cher_Blossom

Reaction score
Hi all, bit of a story but bare with me.
Part 1 - so I bought a spotted python off gumtree in May and that is when I applied for my QLD recreational wildlife license. I needed the person I was buying it off RWL number to apply so I had to apply for the license while the seller was there. All good the seller gave me the number and I applied and was accepted. However I wasn't given any movement advice papers and no longer have their license number. It is now that I am aware that I needed to receive movement papers and then sent some stuff away. I don't know how to get in contact with these people as all I have is a first and last name. What do I do?

Part 2 - I bought a Darwin python off a seller and they DID give me movement papers pages 2 and 3. I didn't know I had to send page 3 away and it's now been 2 months. I don't have page 4 either he didn't give it to me.

I know I should have done more research about the licensing before buying. I don't need a lecture. All I want to know is how do I now go about getting both my pythons put onto my license.

Any help is appreciated.

My ex partner didn't send in his movement advice when he purchased his first snake.... wasn't until a long time down the track that he sent it and didn't ever get into trouble about it.

Send the document you have first of all and then get on the phone and speak with the QLD licensing authority to determine how you can sort it all out. Honesty is the best policy and you are better off letting them know what's going on than not telling them anything. They'll be able to advise you of the best course of action.

Thank you so much for your reply!, I am freaking out.
Is there a high chance I am going to be fined? Is there a chance they would take my scaly babies off me? I don't want to lose them :(

I have no idea to be honest but you're better off speaking with them to determine the best course of action. I'd also make sure you let them know that at the time of purchasing your first snake, you were aware of the movement forms process and so didn't follow up further.

Do you still have the contact details of the people you purchased the snakes from? It might be an idea to try to make contact with them to get the license details.

Also, don't worry about page 4 from your second snake. The movement form comes in 4 pages. You fill out the whole form at once, then the seller sends one page in to the government, sends two pages along with the snake to the buyer, and keeps the last page for their records.

So you should have got two pages only. Then you sign and say you've received the snake and send one page in and keep the other one for yourself. That buyer did the right thing, so don't panic, just send it off as soon as possible and you should be right with that snake.

Your first snake I'm not sure what to do, be best if you ring the ladies at the licensing place and ask them. Their usually very nice and understand that some people just didn't have the right knowledge, and though they might think you should have known, it's actually more the sellers responsibility to have that form ready than yours.

Just remember for next time, and you as the buyer can get a movement form sent to you to have the seller fill out if you buy on gumtree again, just to cover all bases.

I wouldn't stress, it took me two months to send mine in (I did back date it though, just in case). I bought my snake through a pet store, which would have sent their form in right away, and didn't get contacted about my side of the form. I was told that they don't really bother people who only have one or two reptiles in their collection.

For future, you can do movement advices online too, through "Connect". Otherwise, you can download, fill out and print the form yourself. https://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/licences...ldlife/moving_native_and_exotic_wildlife.html

I tried the online system via "connect" but you both (buyer and seller) have to have your permit issued under connect... which ours are not... so then what?
Then we downloaded the form and the pages are formatted so poorly, page breaks in wrong spots etc it's a bloody dogs breakfast... well that's what they're gonna receive. I wasted so much time trying to get the stupid forms to look right.

In qld the forms are the responsibility of the seller so you shouldn’t have to do anything if your the buyer...

In qld the forms are the responsibility of the seller so you shouldn’t have to do anything if your the buyer...
This is correct. It's the other way around though if you are in QLD and receiving wildlife from another state. The movement advice forms in QLD are then the responsibility of the buyer when purchasing/moving reptiles from interstate into QLD.

The forms are simple to fill Out, you just enter the details oin page 1 and the rest is auto-filled upon printing. Have never had any problems.

Go onto the department of environment and heritage protection website, sign up for connect and find their email address also its something like [email protected] or something like that and email them your details, the type of snake etc, your licence number and expiry and explain it to them they will sort it out. Things happen, i highly oubt you will get into trouble. Just tell them and ask how to go about getting a record book if you dont already have one, next time you buy a reptile make sure the movement advice is sorted before the sale so you can take the paperwork with you on the day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back