Velvet Gecko Skin Problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant Hosie

Reaction score
Dear forum users,

I am a new licensed owner of two beautiful Australian Velvet Geckos.
I am not sure either are doing 100%, however one especially does not look very well.
I have attached some photos for your reference.

His skin is not in a good way and it has been like that for at least 2 weeks now.
I am unsure how to explain it besides very "scabby" and dry. I have also noticed him lose weight.

The other is also struggling to shed his skin completely, although his skin looks as it should and he is a much healthier weight.

I appreciate any feedback or advice.

Sincerely,
Grant

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2008.jpeg

View attachment 328506

View attachment 328507

View attachment 328508

View attachment 328509

Dear forum users,

I am a new licensed owner of two beautiful Australian Velvet Geckos.
I am not sure either are doing 100%, however one especially does not look very well.
I have attached some photos for your reference.

His skin is not in a good way and it has been like that for at least 2 weeks now.
I am unsure how to explain it besides very "scabby" and dry. I have also noticed him lose weight.

The other is also struggling to shed his skin completely, although his skin looks as it should and he is a much healthier weight.

I appreciate any feedback or advice.

Sincerely,
Grant

View attachment 328498

View attachment 328499

View attachment 328500

View attachment 328501

View attachment 328506

View attachment 328507

View attachment 328508

View attachment 328509

I'm no gecko expert but people will ask about enclosure set up. Temperature and humidity of your enclosure. Going by general rules humidity might be to low for inappropriate shed. But yea if you post up details on enclosure and humity and those details will help people find your problem easier

Latest posts

Back