RECORD NUMBER OF EGGS!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammccarthy

Reaction score
hey everyone,
last saturday i checked my beardys because i new my female was going to lay any day and i found an excellant surprise of 31 eggs burried in the sand, so that made me think, i want to know what is the most eggs people have had in one clutch from any reptiles,
also pictures wpould be good (if [possible) and i will try to put some pics on here tommorow.

best regards,
sam.

hrrrmmmm i have absolutely no idea! But one thing is for sure, you are gonna have alot of hatchies soon.... pray to god that she doesn't multi clutch another 60 or so!

The most gecko eggs I've had is 2 :wink:

damn thats a lot of eggs!! better start breeding crickets for them! and yeah if she has multple clutches good luck in taking care of the little guys!! its a lot of work trying to keep track of them all and make sure they are all feeding ect... congrats on the eggs :):)

Hey sam where are you located as I am keen to get my hands on a couple of young beardies for the missus!
and you seem to have a few laying around, or soon will lol.
Davo

i hope you have a good hatch rate mate. you will have to take some pics of them all and show them off

There are almost no records of breeding, or egg laying in the wild. Besides the rare eye witness accounts in the wild, most breeding information about P. vitticeps is from captive keeping. The first time it was ever recorded in the wild however was by Worrel in 1970.

" The female scoops a hole and buries herself in it to deposit her eggs; these may number from eight to twenty-four. Having deposited the clutch, the lizard emerges from it and covers the hole."

P. vitticeps becomes sexually mature between one and two years of age. The Prime breeding age for females is one to three years of age, however males on the other hand do not decrease breeding capabilities as they age. Most females will lay their eggs between the hours of one and six PM. Clutches vary with the individual female, however fifteen to twenty-five is typical in one clutch. The record for most eggs in a clutch is sixty-four.

had exactly the same. 31, all bar one hatched even after I dropped the lot in the passenger seat of the car when i had to break heavily. They were barbata.

hey just wondering where you are from interested to buy a pair please get back to me .

My biggest clutch of beardy eggs was 38. Here are a couple of pics.

I had a clutch of macs last year that also produces 19 eggs. I hope she lays the same this seaon. :D:D

coastal last season layed 32, 2 slugs and 29 hatched......

cheers,
steve..............

Here is a bredli clutch - 42 eggs. Im not sure if its a record - but impressive you'd have to agree. TrueBlue was the breeder, I took the pic when he was on the sunshine coast in 2004.
Cheers
Ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back