Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salebrosus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
In a discussion about animals having escaped some months back i made mention of some animals that have broken free and never returned. The story goes like this (and yes i do have pics!)

The lovely Shane Scarff took my very first clutch of baby carpet python eggs 3 summers ago and hatched 4 beautiful girls and 3 lovely little boys. I was intending to keep one female and male and sell the rest off. I had the males in one tub and the females in another. I get a phone call not long after from my Dad telling me that somone had not put the lid on properly and all the boy snakes had escaped. I was pretty angry as we later discovered that my brothers had been showing them off to their mates.

Two weeks later having a gas bag on the phone to a friend what do i see? One male baby carpet python curled up in between the glass and the fly screen of out family room window. I was stunned as to how the hell it had gotten in there but was rapped that we still had one of the boys left.

A few weeks later i went away for New years eve and when i returned my Dad told me that somone had buggered up and that the boy snake had once again escaped. AS you could imagine i was pretty p#@@ed off.

Well tonight, over two years later my Dad decides to go out into the back yard to kill the cockroaches. He has a love of taking his thongs off and flattening them....we don't spray around our place because of the animals.

He splats one and here's a rustling and a hissing sound... Splats another roach and then sees a snake go bolting for the whole in the brick wall where we had our spa bath fittings put in. After much wrestling with this snake, yelling and screaming at each other we finally get this animal out,that had wrapped itself around everything conceivable inside the wall.

Here's the pics of the little bugger, 2 years living inside our walls so it now gives me hope for the other 4 that have escaped over the years.

He also gave Dad a love bite for his efforts too.

Simone.

Last edited:
hey i bet you were happy to see such a healthy looking snake after not seeing him for 2 years and i bet your dad was impressed with the love bite too

youve got to be joking!!!!!!!!!

thats awsome!!!!

and such a beautiful specimen too!!!! great colours and markings! congrats!

ps. are your brothers still alive?

Stick your head in the hole and see if there's more!:)

Can you go under your house? You may find some skins!:)

So how do you go about putting this animal back in your record book?:?

that is awesome! good luck finding the other boys though, do snakes have territories?

hahaha thats an awesome story mate, great....i hope u find the rest and come back with more stories for us

Awesome story hey. I lost 3 of my coastals 9 months ago and 4 weeks ago when i moved out of my rental property I had finally resigned myself to the fact they were gone forever. Hearing this story gives me hope that one day they will turn up. I just hope my landlord at the time gives me a call to let me know. I also hope when they are huge they don't scare some poor old person to death. (there is also the possibilty though that they were stolen by this little a--- h--- that lived with us who moved out and a week l8r the snakes were gone) which ever the case i hope they aren't dead somewhere

lol! what happens with ure license? han u put a snake back on if u say u lost it???

when i lost mine in my car for 3 weeks and informed the department i had to m in the book and then when she appeared again i had to mark her as found so in answer to that question i guess so.

Thanks everyone, To be honest i have no idea when it comes to the books.

I am a wuss and there is no way i will crawl under the house with all the spiders or go for a climb into the roof. I'll crawl under a car and get greasy but i'll pass on the spiders in the rood job. But guess what? Both my Dad and I are on RDO's tomorrow so guess where the big fella will be spending the better part of the day!!!! I'm still stoked about this. I had always hoped but never thought it possible. Even Dad is sitting there real impressed with himself.
I suppose it shows how well they can survive the elements huh?

Simone.

Last edited:
Yeah Simone! Looks like a beauty to, good to see you found him!!

cheers

LOL, and by the way Morelia Matt my brothers are atill alive, they only just survived me killing them back then. I'm the only one left at home so if anything goes wrong i only have myself to go off at.
Will be taking it to the vet though for a check up....i can only imagine what sorts of crap it's been eating the last two years. It's still not too happy about being caught though.....lunging at the tub it's now in..poor little bugger!

Simone.

re Bugger

Yeh the odds is a couple with survive,depending what cats around,i bet he was happy wintering in your roof,most likely there will be shed skins up in the ceiling,Probably cool where he was living for summer,ide be checking inside the roof late may or june maybe you will have more luck,thats a nice coloured carpet for sure.

all the space in the world and now cramped in a tub!! lol poor fella! hehe

im assuming a worming will be in order....

Thanks Zulu, that's what Dad and I were just talking about. It never occurred to me as serpenttongue suggested to check for any skins. Our house gets so hot in summer that i have no doubt they probably live in the walls during summer where it's much cooler and then head back to the roof in winter. I'm still stunned but i can't stop laughing about it. How cool is this!

Simone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back