Bluetongues and BC

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuthn2do

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any ingestion problems using BC as a substrate for young bt's?
cheers
Craig

I think anything can ingest it but so long as u feed off a plate or something so the bc doesn't stick to the food, should be fine :)

I have had snakes swallow BC before, no problems with them. Lizards I always keep on sand. But I would imagine occasional injestion wouldnt hurt..not sure tho ;

but so long as u feed off a plate or something so the bc doesn't stick to the food, should be fine
The problem with that is that some Blueys will carry food away from the plate before they eat it. I don't use BC but I have not heard of anybody's Blueys get impactions from it. I have heard of sand causing problems but not BC.

This has come up in previous threads - the final concensus is usually that nothing happens if they do ingest, because it's only paper.

Hix

gotta be careful it doe's expand and may cause blockage as i found out the hard way bc is the devil :twisted:

westhamsc said:
gotta be careful it doe's expand and may cause blockage as i found out the hard way bc is the devil :twisted:

What died from BC impact?
I find it hard to believe but I guess not impossible.
It is only paper though and I would think that a fair degree of dehydration would need to be involved for impaction. I suppose if the animal is small enough it could be a problem.
Did you get an autopsy done.

You'll be right just put down a bit of paper when feeding.

if the animal was dehydrated how could the pellet swell to a dangerous size????? so if peter is right mayb it was another C.O.D

Grrr!

africancichlidau said:
What is B.C.?

STOP IT, Africa! You'll go blind! ('cause we'll punch you in the eye!) :lol: You're incorrigible! :?

i use bc for my bluies and shinglebacks.
never had a prob even when eaten

it was a baby bluey and it did get an autopsy done. and it was found to be the B.C. and the vet said he gets alot of that happening. with young blueys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back