Hey 👋🏻

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules90

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m Jules, first time snake owner and this is my 2 year old Stimmy, Stella!

First 3 pics are from when I first got Stella, about 2 months ago, other 3, I’ve just taken tonight. I was told she’s fairly small for her age when I got her and her previous owner was only feeding her a fuzzy once every 2-3 weeks. I now have her eating 2 wieners, weekly and she has grown a fair bit since getting her. She eats well, seems happy and healthy.
She’s just had her first shed since I’ve had her but hasn’t shed in one piece, is this something I should be concerned about? Is there anything I can do to help her shed better?

Attachments

• IMG_9020.jpeg
    IMG_9020.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9026.jpeg
    IMG_9026.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9029.jpeg
    IMG_9029.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9020.jpeg
    IMG_9020.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9026.jpeg
    IMG_9026.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9029.jpeg
    IMG_9029.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0061.jpeg
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
she needs more humidity or moisture, supply a bigger water bowl or feed her wet mice.
Previous owner was definitely underfeeding
I’m changing to a substrate that will provide more moisture - coco peat. Just waiting for it to dry out before putting it in the enclosure. She has a fairly large water bowl, she can fit about half her body in it, do I need to go larger again?

Yes he definitely was but she’s being fed properly now, the mice are usually still damp when I give them to her.

Back