Knob Tailed Geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty_2004

Reaction score
I'm fairly interested in getting a pair of Smooth Knob Tailed Geckos.

1) Does anyone know some good caresheets ?
2) What price would i expect to pay for a pair ?
3) Where can i purchase a good quality pair ?
4) What size enclosure do you think would be best for a pair? I have a
3ft L, 1.5ft H, 1ft D glass enclosure, i figured this would be perfect.
5) Which form of heating should i go for to suit this species of gecko, heat mat or basking light? I've heard they really only lie on the warm sand at night after it has heated all day, so i'm wondering which would provide this better - also considering they need precise humidity levels.
6) Any other aspects that should be taken into consideration when deciding to keep these geckos or not.
7) What substrate would you recommend? It has to be a natural recognisable material as that is very important - especially when retaining precise humidity and heat levels while also allowing the geckos to dig efficiently and saftly. IE: Newspaper and Breeders Choice is NOT an option.

Cheers,

Matthew.

PS: If there is a gecko that will adapt to being in captivity better - feel free to tell.

-=EXPERIENCED KEEPERS ONLY=-

1) I assume you are talking about nephurus levis? go to www.reptilesdownunder.com.au there is a guy by the name of Glen Roman, he can provide you with some info...
2) The price I have seen them for is 150 dollars each....
3) Try the above
4) The size of your enclosure is good
5) Heat mat will do just watch the temp
6) Why these species? geckos are great looking but generally not so good for handling.
7) You could use red desert sand with a moist area on one end of the tank. Otherwise a sandy loam for better digging....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back