Mmmm...shinglebacks!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nome

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to share that I got my first lizards...well skinks yesterday!!
:D :D :D :D

I got a lovely foursome of caramel shinglebacks!!!! I'm so very happy with them, and they are the most adorable cuddly things. They are currently being quarantined in our dining room so we are seeing them all the time at the moment. I've been trying to get some ever since I saw Tenille's pair and had a cuddle, they were so adorable (tenille = iluvsmyreptiles/incredible_reptiles).

I'll post some pics of them and my snakes in my new album (Nome's album) soon when we get the camera fixed. At the moment, there are pics in there of my other passion - tarantulas, so have a peek at them ,they are truly fascinating creatures :wink:

Congrats, shinglebacks are great lizards as long as the humidity in not too high!
I would love to see some pics of them!!

**** yeah!!!!!!! They are the cutest pair you ever saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YUMMY YUMMY!!!!!!

Shinglebacks are the koalas of the herp world.
(they even pee on you just like koalas)
Peter

africancichlidau said:
Is that Tenilles pair you are talking about?

Hehehehe :D

No, sorry to get you guys excited, but no :lol:

Yes, they are like cuddly koalas, we were just saying that yesterday. they even hang onto you with their little claws. (and pee on you :lol: )

Hopefully will have some pics soon, thanks for the congrats guys.

~Nome

Yeah they are cute, i want one to just roam around my apartment like a dog.

Well Sherm my old whatever. If you dont mind a bit of defecation now and then and you have no spots where they cant be extraceted from or escape through you can. I had them and blueys that lived in my flat in Waverton about 20 years agoThey had plenty of sun and they always slept under the bed at night. I had there food bowl in the kitchen and in the morning they would come out from under the bed and start their trek around the flat following the walls and the sun.
Peter

I have a friend who had a bluey (on licence) living under her washing machine for ages. she just left water out for it and out snails out every few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back