New Beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greebo

Snakologist
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of adult Vitties today. They are both nice animals. They had a few tics from being kept outside but they were soon removed. They have rarely been handled but it was amazing how quickly they calm down and chill out.I also got an extra 2 males for $80 which was too good to pass up. Here's a pic but its not very good as my daughter took it because she wasnt game enough to hold them for a photo.

Actually, that is the darkest Vitti that I have ever seen. Do you know if he's always like that or is it just coz he hasn't settled down. Just interested. Either way :) Good buy.

He changed colour a couple times, I don't think that his normal colour is that dark, it was just from being handled.

nice mate. Its funny how many ppl say that reptiles outside seem wild but once they get inside they seem to change.............good luck with em

Beardies that are kept outside often seem to be darker than ones kept indoors.
Maybe it's the need to thermoregulate from the sun or the mulch that most people keep them on?

Ithink you got it in one with the thermoregulation Mags, They need to be darker to absorb more heat whereas under a lamp the heat is always there for them.

Yeah..just a couple more.
I have a Murray Darling coming tomorrow.
Oh and that pair of Water Pythons from snakesnt next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back