Size of a Black headed monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lottie

Reaction score
G’day everyone
Hope your week has been great 😊
Just wondering how big female black headed monitors get and also males?
I’m currently in the process of getting a 120 x 60 x 120cm for a female 😊
What temperature for the heat spot needs to be along with cool spot?
What heat would you recommend (Halogen, Exo Terra, Get Your Pet Right, Reptile One, others?
Would I need a heat mat if so what wattage would you recommend?
What UV would you recommend T5 7%, 12% or 14% - Halogen, Exo Terra, Get Your Pet Right, Reptile One, other brands?
Is there any live plants that can live in the enclosure that you would recommend?
What is the best calcium supplement for these monitors?
Best timers for lights?
Is a heat rock too much heat?
What’s the best size water bowl?
How small food crickets, woodies, worms etc are good for a juvenile and to when to move up to bigger size bugs for adults?
Any recommendations for handling gloves or are gardening gloves fine?
Cheers 😊
L

G’day everyone
Hope your week has been great 😊
Just wondering how big female black headed monitors get and also males?
I’m currently in the process of getting a 120 x 60 x 120cm for a female 😊
What temperature for the heat spot needs to be along with cool spot?
What heat would you recommend (Halogen, Exo Terra, Get Your Pet Right, Reptile One, others?
Would I need a heat mat if so what wattage would you recommend?
What UV would you recommend T5 7%, 12% or 14% - Halogen, Exo Terra, Get Your Pet Right, Reptile One, other brands?
Is there any live plants that can live in the enclosure that you would recommend?
What is the best calcium supplement for these monitors?
Best timers for lights?
Is a heat rock too much heat?
What’s the best size water bowl?
How small food crickets, woodies, worms etc are good for a juvenile and to when to move up to bigger size bugs for adults?
Any recommendations for handling gloves or are gardening gloves fine?
Cheers 😊
L
No offense but if you need to ask all of those questions you might want to do a lot more research online and in book before buying anything, there's a book for Australian monitors that probably has all the info you need and someone sent a link to you in another post you made. Books can be better then online if your struggling to find Information.

No offense but if you need to ask all of those questions you might want to do a lot more research online and in book before buying anything, there's a book for Australian monitors that probably has all the info you need and someone sent a link to you in another post you made. Books can be better then online if your struggling to find Information.
Hey Saltyballs
I’ve looked up as much as I could but they all don’t have the answer for lighting, heating and etc and the book I’ve tried finding in stock but there isn’t any sadly 😊

Hey Saltyballs
I’ve looked up as much as I could but they all don’t have the answer for lighting, heating and etc and the book I’ve tried finding in stock but there isn’t any sadly 😊
You wouldn't happen to live in brisbane or near there do you? There's an expo on the 30th and there should be books and breeders there you could probably go and find out everything there? It's only 25 to get in

You wouldn't happen to live in brisbane or near there do you? There's an expo on the 30th and there should be books and breeders there you could probably go and find out everything there? It's only 25 to get in
Sadly I’m in NSW and I’ll be away that day

https://www.thereallygoodbookshop.com.au/product/3777/Keeping-and-Breeding-Australian-Lizards

They have some stock

https://www.geckodan.com/product/a-guide-to-australian-monitors-in-captivity-2nd-edition/

And they have this one. I haven't read these but I ha e the snake version of the first book and it has pretty much all you need to get started.

Back