Stimsons / Childrens after house move

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyE

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
We moved house about a year ago. Since moving, our 3 year old Stimsons hasn’t been eating very frequently. His enclosure hasn’t changed - temps and humidity seem good. He’s very active, and wants to come out lots (hangs out by the door & comes up into my hand/arm if offered). The things that have changed are:
1) it’s a cooler climate at our new house
2) he’s now next to our skinks, when he used to be in a separate room from them at our old house - he can’t see them from his enclosure though.
3) he stepped up to adult mice
I’ve been offering him mice every couple of weeks - and have tried both adult & weener, but he doesn’t seem interested. Usually he is a good eater (even a bit greedy), but not since we moved.
I’m considering moving him away from the skinks, into a different room. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

you said the temps "seem" good

what does "seem" good mean? are they good or not? how are you measuring it?

Between 31-33 in his hide, which is what is always been.

Between 31-33 in his hide, which is what is always been.
how often is he eating? say out of all the attempted feeds from september to now (february) how many feeds has he had? do you cool his temps down during winter? do you turn heat off at night?

being an adult, you can try spacing them apart to monthly feeds of adult mice (30g) instead of consistently offering every 2 weeks, let him work out that "hey food isnt on tap"

He ate every week or 2 in Sept / Oct, then once in Nov, once in Dec (2 adult mice each time). Nothing since late dec.

We keep his hide area temps constant throughout the day / year.

Back