Suspected gravid gecko update!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

instar

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
New info, I have been informed she is indeed gravid, and her rapid increase in size has confirmed . she shed 2 nights ago so it should be very soon! Woot! Update: Have separated the male to another enclosure and have added a second hide/nest box to hers. This is a chinese container with just moist peatmoss and a hole cut in the lid so she can climb in an out.
Shes in there all squatty right now, has been like this since last night.
fingers x'd.

1570.jpg

1571.jpg

a bit closer

1573.jpg

Woooohooo Congrats Inny thats awesome news got my fingers crossed for ya too :):)

When it comes time to check for eggs they will be laid right at the bottom. Rather than dig around looking for them, lift the container out and look underneath. That way you don't even need to annoy her to do it. We do not normally associate a pre lay shed with impending laying in gecks as you would for snakes. Good luck

Oh cool, thanks for that GeckoDan, I bet she goes and lays in dry sand too! (like the last girl) Shes in that box alot though, havent seen her dig in there yet though. Think ill moisten the sand beneath the box then, just in case.
Thanks BeardyBen ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back