What can I use to clean my enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sezzzzzzzzz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have just emptied out all the snakes enclosures and gone to use the cage cleaner only to find out that my daughter has tipped it all out... Can i use diluted bleach to clean and if so how long should i wait to put them back in?

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

i wouldnt use bleach,
i use vinegar mixed with water, seems to do the trick and is pretty much oderless

You can use a weak solution of dishwashing liquid, then wipe with clean water followed by bleach if you feel its necessary. If I do use bleach i always wipe down with clean water then change the water/paper towels and repeat till there is no trace of smell or bubbles when wiping down. Most often I just use a plant based detergent. But i do use f10 or bleach every couple of weeks. As long as there is no residue or fumes it should be just fine

I use diluted detol have now for years no problems with any of my pets

Thanks everyone! Scleropages- the vinegar worked beautifully!! my enclosures are all sparkling like never before!!!

Use F10SC - it's a great product and safe for any/all pets.

A few of the sponsors on this site sell them.

Use F10SC - it's a great product and safe for any/all pets.

A few of the sponsors on this site sell them.

Thanks SamNabz, I have some on the way, but thought I had enough of the other stuff to do one last clean! apparently my 3yr old thought she should clean something else with it! grrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back