Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great photos, we really do need somewhere specific for these trip reports......hint...hint.....HINT :lol:

Jordan

Stewart,

Excellent photos. I own a little over 600 acres of land west of Dalby. All but 200 acres are covered with Brigalow Scrub. The other 200 acres were cleared by the previous owner and as a result i am aiming to plant natives (of the region) to bring the area back to what it should be. Hopefully when i'm more experienced at herping i'll be able to compile a list of the Herps found on the property and surrounding areas. Again nice shots. Would love to hear where you took them.

Kak

600 ACRES?!?! That's HUGE! I would love to have 600 acres!
I bet you could find a lot of herps.

Great pics, I think showing people the amount of things killed on outback roads is important, there are 1000's of reptiles getting clobbered every single day, I bet if they were Koalas there would be uproar.

Mate, your photography skills are superb.
Did you see any Brigalow Belt Womas while you were out there?

Last edited:
Hi Jonno,

I've seen both Morelia and Antaresia in the northern Brigalow region, around Theodore. Pics are in this album somewhere. I've seen Acanthophis and Pseudechis guttatus in the southern region (pics are here).

My Brigalow wish list is:

• Hemiaspis damelii
  • Hoplocephalus bitorquatus
  • Furina dunmalli
  • Strophurus taenicauda
  • Egernia rugosa

You'll have to tell me which areas you're looking in for these species.

Hi Jason,

"I think showing people the amount of things killed on outback roads is important"

I completely agree. Plus I'm collecting pics for my Road Kill Calendar (does that make me a bad person?).

Hi MrMikk,

"Did you see any Brigalow Belt Womas while you were out there?"

No, and I wasn't holding my breath for them. I've got a friend who's been looking for womas in that region for years and he's only found a couple dead on the road (heart-breaking stuff). I've given up on finding womas in Queensland, so I'm heading over to WA in two weeks to find some western womas.

Stewart

Ha ha Ive lived out here For a year or so , And before that i was herping out here nearly every weekend, Probably the most elusive Brigalow Species. Not to mention Egernia rugosa , although i have seen a couple.

Ha ha Ive lived out here For a year or so , And before that i was herping out here nearly every weekend, Probably the most elusive Brigalow Species. Not to mention Egernia rugosa , although i have seen a couple.

I reckon Dunmalls would be the most elusive. Have you seen any Adders? Antaresia? Morelia?

Ooh I like the Red-naped snake in your album- very pretty. Are they venomous?

There are more Morelia out here than previously thought. I have an epa report done on my particular area and they found only 1 Carpet Python in the study.

I often receive calls from neighbours wanting Carpets Removed from there Homes.

The most common snake out here is Probably Pseudechis guttatus - I see at least 3-4 On the Roads Every week during summer (Alive) and a multitude of Roadkill

But i do remember a Local Newspaper Article mid last year regarding a Dunmalls In someones backyard. I will try and find that article , im sure i kept it.

I see a lot of live live snakes on the road and a few have been patterned Not unlike Antaresia , Divis and Adders as they quite often have very similiar Patterns , but an id is not possible without stopping obviously and i dont stop for anything when im driving to work (200km round trip).

Ooh I like the Red-naped snake in your album- very pretty. Are they venomous?

Hi GraftonChic,

Are you referring to my pics? Red-naped snakes are only weakly venomous, and generally disinclined to bite. Someone told me last year that they'd heard of a case of a person dying after a bite from a red-naped snake, but that was the first and last I'd heard of that 'case'.

Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back