Diamond & Children's Python Together?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottk4

Reaction score
Hi All,

My wife would like to get a Diamond Pyhon and I would like a Children's Python (We can never agree :). I was wondering if they would go together in an enclosure ok and if we got a male and female, would they be able to breed together?

Your thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Get two enclosures mate. The diamond will outgrow the childrens and eat it. They need different temps, different cage furniture. Why not get one snake and see how you go first.

No comment on breeding them together, I'll leave others to flame you for that.

As far as housing them together goes, they are from completely different environments and therefore will need completely different enclosure temperatures. Further to that the Diamond will quickly outgrow the Childrens and may eat it.

Do yourself a favour and do a little more then 5 minutes research before buying yourself a reptile.

no they wouldn't go well together and if you breed them you would be just another one of those idiots hybridising snakes creating mongrels. Get two enclosures for the two snakes, the size of the diamond would be big enough to eat the childrens, if you intend to breed snakes get another childrens and diamond.

he was asking a question cause he didn't know the answer. there was no need to bite his head off. people write threads for advice. not to be treated like that.

If you cant afford the second enclosure dont buy the second snake!
the diamond will eat the childreni no question about it

Gotta be a wind up.;)

My wife would like to get a Diamond Pyhon and I would like a Children's Python (We can never agree :). I was wondering if they would go together in an enclosure ok and if we got a male and female, would they be able to breed together?

Your thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.[/quote]

he was asking a question cause he didn't know the answer. there was no need to bite his head off. people write threads for advice. not to be treated like that.

who rattled your cage Polly?

who rattled your cage Polly?

i happen to be sick and tired. also sick of ppl on here thinking they are gods, and thinking they know best. this guy just asked a simple question. all you could have said was, "it's not a wise thing to do, cause it would cause problems for your snake, meaning the diamond will eat the childrens. breeding them has never been done before, and it's not recomended you try" wow, how easy would that be?

i'm sorry, but i'm not a polly. so do not call me that

The most important thing to think about when you talk about the two different snakes is what you want in a snake, the climate you live in and the equipment you can afford to buy are both relevant as well. diamonds are cooler climate animals and grow very big, they seem to have nice manners but do grow to a much bigger size than a children's python. if you live in the tropics they do not do as well as the cooler climates and as such need to be kept in air conditioned conditions. children's pythons also have a reputation for being a nice animal and easily handled. they are a good first snake but not as big or as flashy as the diamond.if you think about what you want from your pet this will give you a better starting point.

Thanks Kaidro. That is excatly what I was doing. Asking for advice. I have not yet got my licence and am doing research so therefore was asking for help. Better to ask then to do without knowing the consequences.
I will remeber in years to come that when a new person asks a silly question, hammering them about it is not necessary. Thanks anyway.

thats okay scottk4. if you want any advice you can pm me, see if i can help. i won't bite your head off.

I may have sounded harsh but you will need to do more research before you keep a python. Try one of the following for starters:

Keeping Carpet Pythons (Keeper series) ~$15-20
Keeping Childrens Pythons (Keeper series) ~$15-20
Keeping and Breeding Australia Pythons (Mike Swan Et. Al.) ~$50
Care of Australian Reptiles in Captivity (John Weigel) ~$20-25

There are also a large number of other books which are well worth getting if your interested. I see the keeper series of books as an absolute must for all new keepers, these give you an idea of where the pythons come from and provide no-nonsense basic keeping instructions.

Books will not only give you great foundation knowledge but will improve your BS detector which is an absolute must on these forums :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back