Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sucked in and i dont feel sorry for her one bit......................she needs the book thrown at her

hmmmm thats very interesting indeed

why are they saying they breed like rabbits aint they similar to most snakes in respect to breeding

funnily enough i have been offered a albino corn from someone in sydney not to mention other exotics in victoria but would never own one got toooo much to loose lol

cheerz for the read

yeah.. here they are far too common. i wouldnt get one.. thats why i have my spotted. and hoping to get some stimsons.... cant wait

i was offered an albino corn for 300. they are to commen. they need to get them all confiscated and put in zoo's or evan make a certian license for them.

'i reckon they should all be collected and put in zoos'

Mmm, there's an idea, I wonder if they have thought of that ?

but he said smaller ones were often worth more because owners liked to watch them grow

Seems to be a fair bit of false information in this article, seeing as larger snakes are worth more for their ability to reproduce.

I get offers of free corns every now and then - i turn them down of course, too much trouble. They are beautiful and its a shame they are a pest and culled if taken by authorities. I wish they never came to australia, as now there either unlicenced or illegal or being destroyed. I think its sad.

It could sell for up to $1000 on the black market but he said smaller ones were often worth more because owners liked to watch them grow.

Methinks either the DSE spokesperson is not fully versed in the reptile trade, or the journo is using some license in his reporting

LOL!

:p

Hix

They are beautiful snakes and the ideal beginners snake IF they were legal here but they aren't so yes I agree.

The fact that these snakes are illegal is one thing and thats not the worst of it......you would be surprised how many of these are being picked up by snake catchers etc around the lower blue mountains area......not good for our ecosystems and right on the edge of a world heritage area!! Not good at all.

"Mr Larner would not divulge how investigators learnt about the snake in Warrnambool.:"
That's interesting... I wonder how they found out...

working in a pet shop, you quickly realis that most of out reptile customers are keeping exotics. i have more customers that keep rre tail boas, corns and chameleons then those that keep natives!
its way out of hand and theres nothing that can be and ever will be done to slow it down. these days there's nothing that havent been offered! on a weekly basis ( i only work there weekends) i get offered trades for red tails corns and of evry morph variety there is. the look on peoples faecs when i tell them they are worthless and crap is rather amusing though!

Jason- i know the feeling idoits come into work bragging about their illegal snake or lizard and i go "oh that's nice Australian reps too much for you to handle hey?"

yea y would u wld u want an illegal snake we have so many beautiful ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back