Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what do you prefer?

• snakes

Votes: 66 71.7%
  • lizards

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • turtles

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz-fiz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
which 1 is most popular?
find out in 365 days!

I prefer turtles

Cheeers,
Will

Got
1 Cat 2 Dogs 1 Fish and 2 Yabbies

Snakes :D although i have lizards , snakes are easier to maintain and care for

Last edited:
i started off loving turts, moved to snakes now my pasion is lizards

what you mean you have both there are 3 options?
you have a snake and a trtle/lizard?

Will

Got
1 Cat 2 Dogs 1 Fish and 2 Yabbies

I keep a 2yr + 4month old kreffts shortneck boy.. Love him to bits! I don't have a snake yet, but from the two spotteds I've caught and relocated from the college.. I prefer snakes. beautiful animals.. Having said that, I really do love all reptiles (all animals in general, actually) each has their own appeal... for me, my turt has the best personality you could ask for

whats a coulbrid snake and whats a hybrid snake?

Hi Will,

Colubrid snakes are from the family Colubridae. It's the dominant snake family in most parts of the world, but here in Australia we have only 10 or 11 species. The family's Australian representatives include common/northern/brown tree snakes, keelback, slaty-grey snake, and a whole bunch of aquatic and semi-aquatic species from northern Australia.

A hybrid is an animal whose parents come from different taxa (i.e., groups of animals). It's most commonly used to refer to an animal whose parents are different species. If you mated a carpet snake with a scrub python the offspring would be called interspecific hybrids. If you mated two subspecies (like a coastal carpet and a Darwin carpet) you'd get a subspecies hybrid.

Hope this helps,

Stewart

yeah but it is it isn't called Australian pythons and turtles is it but me personally i have nothing against turtles but im a snake person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back