Live In Adelaide? Ven Expert Wanted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovemysnakes

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Any Experienced Ven keepers who wouldnt mind popping by my house in Bellevue Heights and force feeding my RBBS for me?

Please dont offer feeding ideas - I've been there and tried that! Ta.

GC

What happens the next time its feeding time, is someone going to come around every week or so to feed your snake?

Please forgive me if im wrong.. But after reading some of your other threads, I kind of get the impression that you may have jumped straight in the deep end, before learning to swim??..

If you want a genuine, experienced home for him, Im sure I could find someone local who would be willing to get him on track..

Feel free to pm me if you want.

why dont you do it?

When I purchased this RBB I was told he was captive bred, not wild caught. The guy even had official records stating this, as they were checked by SA Fauna. Personally I think he had one that either escaped or died and replaced it with a hatchling wild caught. I felt confident that I could gain experience with him as he is actually quite a gentle snake and appeared to be fine when being held. (You all started somewhere) It was only when, in desperation, I got tagged when attempting to force feed him that I decided to sell him but in the meantime keep him healthy - I cant risk holding or force feeding him now as I have since discovered another bite could be fatal. If I had know about my secondary reactions prior to deciding to keep Vens, I wouldnt have gone there.Well, there is obviously nobody out there who is willing to help - and why should you I suppose! I shall put him up for sale as a snake that needs fast food.GC

I guess this highlights the need for an experienced mentor when getting into vens..

If you had been taught proper handling techniques, you may not have been bitten in the first place.

To attempt what I assume was your first experiance with force feeding, ON A VEN, ON YOUR OWN is a recipe for disaster.

Who the hell vouched for you?? I could hazard a guess..

You say no one has offered to help, and that is not true..
I offered you the best possible outcome.. Someone who can take the snake and get it feeding asap. (locally)
but it seems you arnt interested.. If you're not going to feed it, give it to someone who can... or stuff around trying to sell it on your own, and let it deteriate..
I hope the snake gets a good home soon..XX

I guess this highlights the need for an experienced mentor when getting into vens..

If you had been taught proper handling techniques, you may not have been bitten in the first place.

To attempt what I assume was your first experiance with force feeding, ON A VEN, ON YOUR OWN is a recipe for disaster.

I offered you the best possible outcome.. Someone who can take the snake and get it feeding asap. (locally)
but it seems you arnt interested.. If you're not going to feed it, give it to someone who can... or stuff around trying to sell it on your own, and let it deteriate..

I currently have numerous people interested in little Otis, I just want him to be sold healthy. Thanks for your offer of help but it's the help feeding that I'm after.

Can you not read?

" I shall put him up for sale as a snake that needs fast food.GC"

Hello? Read the underlines.

I'm sure he doesn't want his snake to to die of starvation - hence why he posted this in the first place.

What im saying, is instead of asking someone to rehab your snake while its at your place, get rid of it. (to someone who can care for it.
If ppl are interested, why wine that no one will help

Look, what I said may have been a bit harsh..
But some1 had to say it..

What im saying, is instead of asking someone to rehab your snake while its at your place, get rid of it. (to someone who can care for it.
If ppl are interested, why wine that no one will help

Well maybe if the person who wanted the snake cared about it enough to pay for it ...

Not everyone is a low-life, you know, if they cared enough for it - they'd pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back