Six Endangered Blue Iguanas Murdered

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that really makes me sick - how could anyone do such a terrible thing to poor defenceless animals :cry: I found this very upsetting so I can't imagine how you would feel Shannon having worked with the beautiful creatures. I really hope they catch whoever was responsible and they get what they deserve.

I was devastated when I found out, as you can imagine. Spent a few days crying! Now I'm just angry!

That's why I'm posting about it and trying to make something positive come out of it and help out the Blue Iguana Recovery Program by encouraging donations - since now they have to spend much needed money on security. Sickening!

https://ircf.org/donate.php

If you can donate please click the link above, make sure to choose 'Blue Iguana Recovery Program' from the drop down menu so the donation goes there.

Hi Shannon,
If the BIRP use that photo of you holding Peter in their funding campaign. The Iguana's will be out of trouble in no time (2 stunning creatures).
Its not much but I just donated $100 via paypal (it took 3 minutes)
With all the members on AP&S, we should be able to make a little bit of a difference.

I feel a little better after donating but I still want to inflict violence on those involved.

What a bunch of heartless mogrels! How could anyone commit such a senseless act against those beautiful majestic animals. I only hope they get their just desserts

Andy, Thank you so much for donating - I know how much it will mean for them.

To others - you can donate whatever amount you can afford so please make the effort and bring some good out of a senseless tragedy.

Hi Shannon,
If the BIRP use that photo of you holding Peter in their funding campaign. The Iguana's will be out of trouble in no time (2 stunning creatures).
Its not much but I just donated $100 via paypal (it took 3 minutes)
With all the members on AP&S, we should be able to make a little bit of a difference.

I feel a little better after donating but I still want to inflict violence on those involved.

UPDATE -

A seventh Blue Iguana dies from it's injuries.

http://www.blueiguana.ky/news_bik_ccc05082008.htm

billyinjured.jpg

Please help by donating to B.I.R.P. in their time of need - let makes something positive come out of this horrific tragedy!

Make sure to choose 'Blue Iguana Recovery Program' from the drop down menu
http://www.ircf.org/donate.php

Thursday 8th May, 2008 Posted: 08:22 CIT (13:22 GMT)

. . . the number of dead blues increased to seven yesterday. Staff of the Blue Iguana Recovery Programme had discovered Matthias, an adult male, dragging his left front leg on Tuesday. Before he could be taken for X–rays, he died.

“He was a beautiful adult, just coming into his prime,” said Fred Burton, director of the Blue Iguana Recovery Programme. He confirmed that Matthias had been with a female who was about ready to lay her eggs, so he could have produced offspring.

I did not realise people could be so heartless or stupid,.... i am sorry for the loss

Yuck. We have people running over dogs in Sydney...and people stomping on lizards overseas.
Charming. :(

I'm still stunned with my jaw dropped that anyone could possibly want to deliberately harm such wonderful gorgeous reptiles,what would drive someone to do such a thin?Absolutely disgusting and I also hope the public catch up with whoever did this before the police and flog the crap out of them!!Just such a completely senseless act of cruelty i can't understand it at all,very sad indeed!

I am now heading to donate what i can and hope we can all do our little bit to help these gorgeous creatures....most disgusted!!!

Browns, thanks so much for taking the time to donate and I encourage other's to do the same - whatever you can spare.

I am now heading to donate what i can and hope we can all do our little bit to help these gorgeous creatures....most disgusted!!!

WHY????????????? What would be the motivation behind a senseless act like this. What goes around, comes around. Lets just hope these imbeciles get what they deserve and then more after that. I sat in on your talk about these marvellous reptiles Shannon, i cant imagine how you must feel after spending time with them. R.I.P Pedro and friends.

Thanks Excalibur,

I'm glad you heard my talk. It's a tragedy this has happened but I hope some donations and international awareness can come of it if nothing else!

WHY????????????? What would be the motivation behind a senseless act like this. What goes around, comes around. Lets just hope these imbeciles get what they deserve and then more after that. I sat in on your talk about these marvellous reptiles Shannon, i cant imagine how you must feel after spending time with them. R.I.P Pedro and friends.

well it seems i have been living under a rock as i have only just been made aware of this disgusting act. to think that atleast one of those animals was older than me for it to then be brutally killed along with its other members is really upsetting. i will be making a donation as soon as i get paid and will try to rally up more people to do the same. please consider joining in and spread the word to all those you know.

Thanks Gobo,

I appreciate you pledge as I'm sure BIRP will too. This is one thing we can do to create a positive from such a senseless tragedy!

I'll keep this post updated as more news comes through.

well it seems i have been living under a rock as i have only just been made aware of this disgusting act. to think that atleast one of those animals was older than me for it to then be brutally killed along with its other members is really upsetting. i will be making a donation as soon as i get paid and will try to rally up more people to do the same. please consider joining in and spread the word to all those you know.

That is the saddest thing iv heard for so long. Cant believe people can do these types of things. I really hope they find the culprits!!!!! Must be extra sad for you Shannon, having spent time with them.

I wanted to actually see these guys...
But if this continues, i won't be able to see them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back