Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jase75

Reaction score
Im interested to know how many different species of Aust. snakes u have seen in the wild???? Iv seen 12 different species,Brown Snake,Tiger Snake,RBBS,Copperhead,Blind Snake(Proximus), Dwyers Snake, Yellow face whip Snake, Small eyed Snake, Red Naped Snake, Brown tree Snake, Carpet and diamond pythons.

The only snake i have seen in the wild is a Tiger when i was 8 and i must say i ***** myself :lol::lol:

i bet many members can beat 12, just by looking in their herp room ;)

Im interested to know how many different species of Aust. snakes u have seen in the wild?

Not enough. I've seen 39 Australian snake species in the wild. 161 to go.

Stewart
Edit: plus two unidentified species of blind snake, probably Ramphotyphlops nigrescens and Ramphotyphlops proximus.

Last edited:
Wow thats awesome Reptiles Down under !!!!! Ur definately in the lead.

I haven't seen to many :) but the ones i have seen

Green tree snake
brown tree snake
coastal carpet
Eastern brown
Red belly black
white crowned snake
blind snake

funny story about one of the red belly black snakes i've seen. was having lunch at work "construction site at amberley" everyone was having lunch and one of the guys pointed right next to the foreman and yelled black snake shoulda seen the foreman, ran about 50 metres down the road.

one's i have seen and caught,
tiger snake, brown snake, red bellied black snake, yellow faced whip snake, coastal pythons, brown tree snake, green tree snake, small eyed snake, blind snakes, common death adder, golden crowned snake,keelback, stephens banded,pale headed, and most of all a coastal taipan that bit me several times on the face ha ha ha ha

ive seen

curl snake
eastern small eyed snake
eastern brown snake
red bellied black snake
bandy bandy
blackish blind snake
green tree snake
dwarf crowned snake
marsh snake
yellow faced whip snake
intergrate python
coastal carpet

think thats it

oh and a golden crowned snake

Last edited:
I've seen a Brisbane Carpet(Coastal), Oenpelli, Woma, RBBS, Brown/Mulga snake, Yellow faced whip snake, Blind snake, White crowned, Spotted, Death Adder, Tiger snake, Copperhead, Brown tree snake, Common tree snake, Green tree python, Green tree snake and a keelback.

Have seen a lot but most memorable were large common death adder (1983) and a few broadheadeds (1997 just before NSW amnesty, after being added to the class 3 species)

You see the odd one roaming around Brisbane, this was 3 years ago.

I think you might mean a Green Tree Snake. Unless you have been to Iron Range, you won't have seen a wild GTP, without trying to start another thread on wild GTP ranges in Australia, we've done that one pretty recently.

Where did you see the Oenpelli Trouser?

You have seen Broadheadeds Dunno? Thats awesome id love to see a BHS. Where did u see them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back