Six Endangered Blue Iguanas Murdered

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how could anyone hurt one of them!!!!! that sucks so bad.

After shedding a tear, and then a giggle at Willia6's posts, I am absolutley disguisted and saddened. Hopefully the fact that they took one will lead the authorities to them. Rot in hell bastards!

RIP Pedro and friends :(

That's horrible. I hope they catch the people responsible and do the same to them.

When they catch em they should replace the lizards with a pound of the criminals flesh, mould it into a shape of a iguana and let it fester a bit so it is blue.
Oh, and dont bother stitching their wounds back together.......

http://www.reptilesdownunder.com/ahc/animal.php?saleID=19944

Does anyone know who is selling these Mulga's - Sonya . . .? Are they on this forum? If so someone contact me so we can publicize it more. I want to thank Sonja so much for also stepping up and committing to donate proceeds of the sale of her two Mulga's to the Blue Iguana Recovery Program!

matt ur a champion.

also guys there is a pair of mulga snakes for sale with the proceds to be donated to the blue iguanas.

http://www.reptilesdownunder.com/ahc/animal.php?saleID=19944

Updates by Blue Iguana Recovery Program

Pedro's body has been found. I don't know all the details but I'm thankful he can be laid to rest properly. R.I.P. Pedro

May 16, 2008

"The comments, updates, information, etc shared on this page comes directly from the individuals working in the Blue Iguana Recovery Program. They include John Marotta, and Samantha Hicks. You may also see postings here by other volunteers, visitors and representatives of the program.

With death comes life and how true that is at the botanic park and what a salve it proves to be - not to mention a diversion for John, who appears at the end of every long hot day looking like a badly beaten mud wrestler....

The stats so far are this, Sunset and Juan Beans seven eggs, laid on the 13th May and Elizabeth and Forrest laid on the 15th May a whopping 17 eggs. This is an extraordinarily early start to the laying season, we are anticipating several females to double clutch as a result. How good it is to look forward."

May 17, 2008

"More eggs today! This time from one of the QE II Botanic Park free roamers, Red-White. John and his volunteer digging team found her nest on the Woodland Trail and recovered 9 eggs, now all safely in our incubators. That brings the egg count to 33 already, and lots more on the way...

Island Vet's Dr. Elisabeth Broussard gave Billy and Archie their regular treatment this morning, taking over from WCS's Dr. Stephanie James who returned to New York last week. Billy is recovering his legendary strength and making his displeasure at being handled very clear, Archie is still not quite himself, but is also showing signs of gradual recovery."

May 19, 2008

"Billy and Deborah have produced four healthy eggs! This is a major breakthrough for the programme. Billy has to this date no confirmed offspring, despite being paired each year and as a founder this is a situation we have been desperate to remedy. Finally yesterday four of the fourteen eggs unearthed were found to be viable.

It is a extraordinary time for this to have happened. Deborah was underground laying when the animals were attacked on the 3rd May. If she had been visible she may well have been killed. Billy put up the fight of his life in order that he could still be with us.

Deborah went to extraordinary lenghts to hide her precious offspring. John has spent many days painstakingly searching for them, a task made harder by Deborahs diversionary tactics. Its hard not to project a greater understanding of the situation upon her. These animals are amazing!"

Life finds a way. Regardless of what you believe it is hard to not stand in awe at natures way to thumb it's nose at adversity.

I'm sure this is a much needed morale boost for all those involved in the conservation program.

Absolutely Chimera!

Life finds a way. Regardless of what you believe it is hard to not stand in awe at natures way to thumb it's nose at adversity.

I'm sure this is a much needed morale boost for all those involved in the conservation program.

Wonderful news to soothe such a senseless act. I too am stunned and saddened at the news of such a terrible crime, and can't possibly fathom how anyone could do it, who on earth could pull the legs off a live animal, i just can't get my head around it.
Thankfully there were survivers and precious eggs. I too have donated through paypal, every little bit helps.

Thanks you so much for donating Pythoness!

I see you have Wildcare in your signature - I'm a carer, do rescues in my area for any animal but specialize in reptile rehab!

Wonderful news to soothe such a senseless act. I too am stunned and saddened at the news of such a terrible crime, and can't possibly fathom how anyone could do it, who on earth could pull the legs off a live animal, i just can't get my head around it.
Thankfully there were survivers and precious eggs. I too have donated through paypal, every little bit helps.

So do I Shannon, infact I met you at a reptile seminar before you went OS and had a lovely big chat about that very topic :D

Cool! Which seminar was that - at Daisy Hill, the full day Reptile Seminar?

Yep, thats the one, also a full day on the coast, a few days before your wedding :D if i remember correctly, we were lingering in the car park over a pack of snakes alive lol.

Thats Just Disgraceful!! Such A Beautiful Animal And Someone Violently Attacks Them For What Reason?? Nothing At All!! I Really Hope They Get Caught And Get Their Just Derseves

I do remember!! Are you the one that cleans her floors with F10? :p

Yep, thats the one, also a full day on the coast, a few days before your wedding :D if i remember correctly, we were lingering in the car park over a pack of snakes alive lol.

I do remember!! Are you the one that cleans her floors with F10? :p

Lol. thats the one. Scine we share the same first name and a deep adoration for wildlife, especially reps, it was past dusk when we had to tear ourselves away lol, talking snakes till the cows came home hehehe. must catch up again soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back