Keeper Bitten By Adder (Vic)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

Published: 12/06/08
Source: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23856399-29277,00.html

A MAN is recovering in a Melbourne hospital tonight after he was bitten by a pet death adder.

The snake breeder, 29, suffered the potentially lethal bite on his hand at his home in Benwerrin Drive at East Burwood about 8pm (AEST), Metropolitan Ambulance Service spokesman James Howe said.

"He began feeling disoriented and was short of breath," Mr Howe said.

"Paramedics found him in an altered consciousness state and he collapsed shortly after they arrived.

"The intensive care paramedics administered drugs and fluids to stabilise him and he was taken to the Monash Medical Centre.

"He was in a critical condition, but staff at the hospital administered some anti-venom and he began stabilising quickly."

geez beautiful things death adders but its sad seeing stuff like that happen
i hope he is alright

Nasty.
I know someone who copped a death adder bite, messed him up a bit. Not fun, I think was how he described it!

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I will just say I am sorry to hear that, and sorry that snakes have got bad press. I guess no one wants to hear about people cuddling vens unless they bite them. Hell if you could do that then everyone would have snakes and Hollywood would go bust.

Snake must have been a bit hungry or grumpy or something. Hope guy gets through with no problems and hope hospital staff aren't to hard on him. Even I am appreciating vens as pets now:).

On the radio here the ambo was quoted as saying the man breeds 'exotic snakes' and was bitten by one of them.......huh????? :rolleyes:

On the radio here the ambo was quoted as saying the man breeds 'exotic snakes' and was bitten by one of them.......huh????? :rolleyes:

Yep, media is as reliable as the weather persons they employ. It is all second hand hear say most of the time.

Snakes are exotic pets as far as the general public think.
Our definition of an exotic snake is one from overseas but generally people refer to reptiles and inverts as exotic pets.
Hope he gets better soon and i bet he's spewing it's all over the news..

I have heard he is doing better today, but it was touch and go last night due to an alergic reaction. The interviewer was telling me that he was bitten multiple times and in an altered state when they found him. Apparently he was hallucinating!!

If they had of said he breed exotic pets, that's one thing but he said 'Exotic Snakes'.

He certainly doesn't breed exotic snakes, all the best mate.

:D Sounds like there may be a touch of sensationalism thrown in with this one.:D

Do we know who it is? If it is who I suspect it is he is a member of this forum.

Stories like this do not bode well for keepers as they will inevitably lead to a tightening of what we are allowed to keep. There is a view amongst friends who I believe are in the know that it is just a matter of time before keepers in Victoria will no longer be allowed to keep venomous snakes. Every incident like this brings this day closer.

well i just got off the phone talking to him and he was not in a critical condition in fact he will be home from the hosp this morning,it was a bite from one of his baby adders he had a bit of swelling around the lips which they gave him adrenaline for which fixed him,he was never hallucinating and did not collapse he did not need or get any anti venom. he also does not breed or keep exotics . i am sure he will be on here later today.

Oh I have a nasty feeling I know who it is.....hmmm Trust the papers to beat it up!

ps: He'll have to change address now...everyone knows where he lives :lol: I'm glad he's okay! (Even if it isn't the person I suspect)

owch..Maybe he will make a guest apperance on this thread....now that he is famous and all LOL
Hope you feeling better!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back