Keeper Bitten By Adder (Vic)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,thank you Sdaji...
so glad it end out as bad as media hyped it up to be
your are a pivotal person in our community...glad your breathing!

sdaji great to see a full recovery

cant wait when you have some adders to sell
cheers steve.

i loved that comment about senseless tax payers money...... So lets add to that senseless list then

BUSHWALKERS: airlifting them out of national parks after going off tracks
SCUBA DIVERS: Stay near the boat.. BOAT WHAT BOAT.
LONE SAILOR TRAVELS THE WORLD: Hey where did he go, quick send out the navy to find him

I could go on and on about sensless taxpayers money... But you get the picture.

i loved that comment about senseless tax payers money...... So lets add to that senseless list then

BUSHWALKERS: airlifting them out of national parks after going off tracks
SCUBA DIVERS: Stay near the boat.. BOAT WHAT BOAT.
LONE SAILOR TRAVELS THE WORLD: Hey where did he go, quick send out the navy to find him

I could go on and on about sensless taxpayers money... But you get the picture.

Many would see these things as the same, well i do anyway. I dont think the public should have to pay for these sort of things, but we do and its unlikely to change. Obviously wasting millions on a stupid sailor is far more extreme though, quite annoying when they just go and do it again to.

Good to hear all is well sdaji, you have to wonder if the people who wrote this crap watched your interview and thought "how stupid do i look now?" Idiots

horseNZ: Usually I refer to them as paramedics, but for the one or two individuals in question, I think "ambulance driver" is being generous.

Earthling: No, injections directly to the heart are either done in extreme situations, or more often, in the movies. My first one was done in the left shoulder, come to think of it, I can't recall where the second one was done, it might have been in the other shoulder. I was expecting it to be very painful, but it only mildly stung. If you use an epipen on yourself you usually do it to the thigh.

Slim6y: Perhaps I was hallucinating... my recollection of the whole event is much milder than everyone in the media seems to be sure of! It seems the only person who wasn't hallucinating was the ambulance driver who remembers just how much antivenom I required, etc etc etc. Even the staff at the hospital were hallucinating too much to recall giving me the antivenom, and there was no record of it being used, so they must have been too busy hallucinating to fill out the records. Good thing that one driver was level-headed enough to inform the world about just how horrific it all was! ;)

The snake is fine, although it probably will need to take some time to relax after having so many pictures and so much video footage taken of it.

moosenoose: Hahahaha! :lol: Brilliant angle on the situation! :D Isn't it ironic that the person accusing me of harming the economy was sitting there with his career being assisted by my story? :lol: While in hospital I was frequently saying "I really should go, I'm fine and there are people who need these facilities more than I do". The staff kept pointing out that there were many free beds and it wasn't a busy time, so me being there wasn't a big deal and they didn't want me to go. At times there were crowds of staff around, taking great interest in the situation, and the news crews came into the hospital, keeping me there. Some of the staff were really enjoying it all and wanted me to stay much longer, and I had to discharge myself.

David: Yeah, it was obvious that Hoser would want to jump into the media circus to push his own agendas; blatant fact manipulation is the focus of his life. No surprises there, and no surprise at all that we would do it using an alias. I'm interested in the allergy test, I'll get in touch, thank you! :)

FNQ_Snake: cheers :)

dragon lady: Thanks for your concern, don't believe what the media tells you, especially on slow news days! If there's no news, they'll just make some up ;)

elapid@: I'd just decided to sell one a few days ago, but hadn't got around to advertising her. Lovely red animal in perfect health, proven breeder and aunty to the snake which put me on the news! :lol: Someone is already interested, but I'll let you know if that falls through.

I feel bad about wasting tax payers' money, I really do, although unlike most cases of wasted health care money, in my case it filled space on a slow news day and helped the country's economy! In perspective of the media coverage, the money spent on me was nothing. The whole thing was beaten up by the media, and the money spent would be less than you might expect from the story. I was only in hospital for a few hours.

No, the snake's name isn't Muffin, although I joked about naming it Muffin when talking to one of the media guys (don't joke about anything with the media, it suddenly becomes solid fact, even when you point out clearly that it isn't!). I think I said something like "I often jokingly call animals Muffin if they don't have names", and it wasn't even in reference to that particular snake, we were talking about the names of some of my other snakes and I said many didn't have names.

Keep in mind that what you saw of me on the television was the thirty seconds or so they chose to take out of over an hour of footage they obtained of me, discussing lots of things about snakes. They chose the most negative things they could in order to make things look as bad as possible, I was smiling and laughing almost the whole time, but if you're filmed for that long there will be times when you're momentarily distracted and your expression changes, and they'll get stuff they can take out of context very easily, so all things considered it's remarkable I managed to be positive enough for the end result to be as positive as it was. The media was going to run with the story whether or not I was involved, and if I did not get actively involved it would have been a purely negative spin on snakes and snake keeping, with even more reports of an hallucinating man close to death, rather than someone in good health smiling and laughing, back playing with snakes and entertaining the media just hours after the bite.

Everyone keeps asking if my inbox is filled. Surprisingly, in the last 24 hours I've only received PMs from six people on this site, and most of those apologised for adding to the 'flood' :lol: I haven't even had all that many emails (maybe 30 or so). Mostly the barrage has been by phone.

LOL i didn't know the number :p Seriously though what a crazy couple of days you must of had!...Thanks for filling us all in on what actually happened, it's a shame they didn't show all the good things you had to say about vens and snakes in general as pets.. but thats the way it goes I guess

Glad to heart ur ok mate ;) Keep up the great work with all your snakes!

Just a question the media said you had over 100 snakes in you collection is this true??

Cheers Paul. :D

Earthling: No, injections directly to the heart are either done in extreme situations, or more often, in the movies. My first one was done in the left shoulder, come to think of it, I can't recall where the second one was done, it might have been in the other shoulder. I was expecting it to be very painful, but it only mildly stung. If you use an epipen on yourself you usually do it to the thigh.
Aahhh well. There I was thinking youve had some huge jab to the heart and woken up like a snake been stepped on! But no......nothing quite as exciting as that...must have been only a few milligrams to not hurt...all good.

itbites: they know they'll get better ratings from saying "Oooh! Scarey! Snakes are evil, someone is in a critical condition and will possibly die!" than "Someone took a trivial bite and isn't too fussed about it, he loves his snakes, they make good pets, nothing has changed and his biggest concern is missing his appointment with the mechanic and losing his car keys for a while, but that's all sorted out now". :)

Chappy: the media reported various numbers of snakes in my collection. The reports of the number of Death Adders I keep varied between 40 and 70 (possibly outside this range as well, although I've still only viewed about three newspaper articles and websites. I'm not sure where the various figures came from. That aspect of the story isn't really important, whether it's two or 200, it doesn't really matter, so I won't confirm or contradict the reports. For the record, in the last week the only two people who have been in my snake room are myself and my girfriend, so no one did a count or anything.

good to hear it is all well! wasnt aware it was you until about 20min ago (whe i started reading this long thread)
would be interesting for you to go through and note the alligations...i know i would have a laugh...the media is itself one of the biggest jokes on TV....would be up there with big brother, but that is another story.

well then sdaji i will educate you that we are all paramedic taxi drivers next weekend at the bbq,dont forget to bring muffin along for the action replay have sold lots of tickets to the media and us ambo drivers will be on hand to help u out if we are not to drunk:lol::lol::lol:

Hey Sdaji
I dont know you personally but i'm glad your ok! I spent 1 week in Intensive Care & 1 week in General Ward, 4 blood transfusions with 5 weeks Kidney Dialysis from a Notechis Scutatus bite Oct. 2007. It took 29 years to take a bite, then it only happened when i picked the "bagged" tiger snake up with thumb under knot instead of picking it up above the knot; can you believe that? I tell you now it is truth! Beautiful/placid snake i'd had for 4 years but very food concious. My incident did not even make the local paper (probably because my wife took me to hospital, not Ambo's) & i am very appreciated of that but it did draw numerous medical athourities from Melbourne to interview me & monitor as a case study. All the media here monitor radio traffic using frequency scannersI Because i am a CFA member i understand how they utilize scanners.It was another reason why i didnt use Ambo's to go to the hospital.I am sad of the media attention that your incident has created; Please note that there is no way am i blaming you.
But Sdaji i'm glad your ok & it was great that we now,all have a clear "picture" of the whole incident.

Regards ttaipan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back