Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toastie

Reaction score
Good evening everyone!

I thort i may aswell show off what my family is calling the Taj Mahal of snake Enclosures, it is to house my stimson python that is still only 5 months old haha. Anyway my dad is a carpenter and is very good when it comes to working with wood, I've been trying to inspire him to build me something magnificent for my stimson python when he gets abit bigger because unfortunately i don't have his gift at building amazing things. With the help from me and all the information i've collected from this wonderful website and the melamine that was too be for my mothers laundry cupboard, Dad has started building this monstrous enclosure. I try to explain that it doesn't have to be so big for my little stimson python but i think he believes its going to grow to a 5 meter snake haha, The timber was already cut for the laundry cupboard so dad couldn't be stuffed cutting it all down to size, So why not?!

Heres a few pictures, also some of my fake rock wall (which is my input.) Hopefully i'll be painting it tomorrow afternoon.

2008_0112Numerous0041.jpg

2008_0112Numerous0049.jpg

2008_0116enclosure0020.jpg

2008_0116enclosure0021.jpg

2008_0116enclosure0025.jpg

Enjoy, it's still not complete, we are waiting another 2 weeks for the glass and a steel mesh cover that will slide in between the lid and the box so there is no way for my snakey to get into the lid with all the electrix!!

Wow you and your dad have done a great job! is it your 1st attempt? well done toastie looks great mate ;)

Yeah it's our first attempt but hopefully not the last! haha i think it's been a great little project and i think my dad has really enjoyed getting in on my new hobby. Thanks

Dimension rough measure but it is 1930mm long 600mm deep and 620mm high 830mm high including the lid

you should put a divider in there and turn it into two enclosures
looks good as well

Yea thats a very good idea Callith thanks, but it may be awhile till i get another herp as mum hasn't even gotten over this one, shes still debating to let this monstrous enclosure in the house haha

just a few of the features of the enclosure, It has a heat cord routed out in one third of the right hand side. A ceramic heat emitter above on the right hand side. A Fluro and a blue light in the center for viewing purposes. Black slate tiles, my dad had spare ones and i think they look good, nice colour and texture. All the lights and cords tucked away in the lid that can be opened up for easy cleaning access if need be.

Great enclosure

wow it looks good, your stimy should enjoy it

Just some advice make sure make sure you close up all the gaps on the fake rock wall, stimy love to hide in small gaps

Really great

Is your snake called Pebbles ?

Lol this enclosure looks like a skit from Flintstones, which is awsome!

Cheers Stim72, yea i occasionally find my stim under his water bowl don't know how he gets there haha

Drazzy my snake is called Skitzza not pebbles, but maybe i'll rethink the name, Nah :)

i got the paint today for my rock wall, its a lightish brown for the base and i got a dark green, grey and dark brown to highlight some areas, hopefully it will look good

Yea thats a very good idea Callith thanks, but it may be awhile till i get another herp as mum hasn't even gotten over this one, shes still debating to let this monstrous enclosure in the house haha

Haha, sounds like my mum

Wow very nice design on the back there, i love that idea... and if your dad is so into making a huge enclosure why don't you get a scrubby? ;)

Great box mate your old man certainly did a good job. Just a word of caution on small snakes in large enclosures: they may become timid feeders because they don't feel secure in such a large constantly changing environment. By this I mean the changes aren't as subtle as they are in nature. ie cleaning, feeding, human contact, etc. All of these activities create varying levels of stress in young snakes. Give it a go and hopefully you have no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back