Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that info yeah, im still cautions about it but my dad won't understand he'll be like get the bloody snake in there!! haha but i may put his click clack into this enclosure and take the lid of sometime and see if he wonders out (the big enclosure being fully escape proof tho).

FNQ snake, the fake rock wall is just normal grey cement mixed with a waterproofer and i've rubbed in brickies sand (yellow stuff) for texture, it's still going to be painted in the next couple of days hopefully.

Finally painted it!! but the painting isn't completely finished, just done a rough going over, needs some touch ups!!
The Glass came today and dads going to finish off the front frame over the next few nights and on the weekend. So hopefully when sunday nights rolls around we will be looking at the finished product!!

2008_0126Stuff0021.jpg

looks great, apart from the advice about keeping an eye on the snakes stress levels once its big enough to go in there. the only advice i have is... the snake hide u hav in the fake wall, can u access it. incase the snake goes in, is there a way to get the snake out of the hide incase it doesnt come out?

Nice job im looking at making one soon after i pay back my loans only own 510 to my dad and 85 to step dad... so 595 then i can start making it = )
Can't wait to for tax to come back either that will help buy my snake (BHP)

I liked the rocks before you painted them but its ur personal taste = P
Im also gonna give that a go(The rocks) looks kewl along with some vines it will looks sick.

Melamine why are enclosures made out of it ? Can someone tell me ? Please

Last edited:
Nice job im looking at making one soon after i pay back my loans only own 510 to my dad and 85 to step dad... so 595 then i can start making it = )
Can't wait to for tax to come back either that will help buy my snake (BHP)

I liked the rocks before you painted them but its ur personal taste = P
Im also gonna give that a go(The rocks) looks kewl along with some vines it will looks sick.

Melamine why are enclosures made out of it ? Can someone tell me ? Please

Its sealed and is easy to clean.

It's also a bit cheaper then most timber.
Marzzy, i'll take some close up pics of the painting when it's all done, when it was just grey cement it didn't have any depth and out there in the wild you don't see many big plain rock formations they all have a mottled effect of colours, and darker shades in between cracks from water flowing between it and so on. Yea i'll finish painting and hopefully it will look stunning.

Thanks Chris i don't think i need a bigger snake just need another 1 to keep him company!! haha

It looks great. I don't think it will be too big at all.

A large enclosure came up on the Herp Trader recently in ad 817-100:

817_800.jpg

If I had room I would be interested in it for something like a mangrove monitor or mertens.

How much for the two little critters in the last vivarium? Aren't they cute!!! Do they eat much???

They are actually 2 meter tall giants of the species homo herpus.
They have great appetites living mostly on meat pies and beer.
I don't think they are included in the price.

It's also a bit cheaper then most timber.
Marzzy, i'll take some close up pics of the painting when it's all done, when it was just grey cement it didn't have any depth and out there in the wild you don't see many big plain rock formations they all have a mottled effect of colours, and darker shades in between cracks from water flowing between it and so on. Yea i'll finish painting and hopefully it will look stunning.

I was kinda tired that night it looks alot better painted lol i went back and looked what was i thinking lol It looks great but i would like some close up's to see the detail.

Did you use that foam in a can ? and then foam slabs ? Then cover it in cement with water proofing mixed in ? Can you Pm The answer or forum it i really like it and would like to make one for mine.

Thanks Marzzy Can't wait for the pic's.

Hey Marzzy i did reply to this but it has disappeared so i'll post it again hehe
My fake rock wall directions are as follows:
went to my local fruit n veg got 3 polystyrene boxes (free) used the 3 lids as my backing and used the rest of the boxes to make the ramp, hide box and ledges. Layered the poly foam so it looks like a rock ledge been shaped by the weather. Used a can of expanding foam from the hard ware shop around $20 and simply squirted where i wanted a natural looking boulder.

Then i mixed a pond sealer with grey cement and covered all the foam, rubbing in brickies sand as i went. looking back i would of mixed the sand with the cemet, dad thought it may be better rubbed in but it's causing problems in the painting stage, but things happen.

went back to the hardware shop found a nice light brown water based acrylic paint (Burnt sugar) hooked it up to my dads spray gun gave it a nice base coat. Then added numerous acrylic paints mixed lots and lots of browns blacks and reds lol.

Sealed it with a non toxic vanish, which gave it an Amazing look!!! I'm over the moon with it, I'll def have to take some pictures.

Soon to be completed! a miner hick-up with the glass so we are having delays but hopefully have it soon!

Got some pics!! don't mind the horizon pack proping up the wall lol!!

2008_0202Cohunu0045.jpg

Cold Ledge:
2008_0202Cohunu0048.jpg

Removable hide, this is my favourite "section" because to me its the part that looks natural and the colours blended well:
2008_0202Cohunu0047.jpg

2008_0202Cohunu0049.jpg

Hot spot & Ramp
2008_0202Cohunu0050.jpg

2008_0202Cohunu0051.jpg

2008_0202Cohunu0054.jpg

Funny you should say that, My dad and I are planning on building more and selling them because theres good money in enclosures, especially ones that are quality built and look the part. My dads a bit of a perfectionist and goes over the top but all his work is amazing except his own house cause he doesn't get paid building our house lol!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back