Boy bitten by most venomous snake in the world

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published: 02 / 10 / 09
Source: http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2008/10/02/7001_ntnews.html

A NINE-YEAR-OLD boy has survived being bitten by what many experts believe is the most venomous snake in the world.
Zac Murrell picked up the 2m snake and swung it around his head.
The mulga snake, also known as the King Brown, latched on to the boy’s arm and bit him.

Ms Murrell described her son, who has Down's Syndrome, as "very innocent and unquestioning". Zac will leave hospital tomorrow.
More info found in link.

*EDIT* Added more info to clarify the situation, since we do have a few posters with itchy keyboard fingers :p

Last edited:
Edited too - since it related to your silly comment. :lol:

And before anyone else has a tanty about the kid, in case you too don't read the article he has Downs Syndrome. :(

I guess they mean "has the highest yeild of venom?" he is probably very lucky he bled so much...

Well they are right, alot of people do seem to think they are the most venomous snake in the world. Even though they are wrong.

OMG! Glad he's ok.

(edited)

What do you mean? He had Down's Syndrome, but surely that wouldn't stop the message coming through clearly or affect his ability to make a rational decision about how to deal with a snake. Any nine year old boy is capable of rationally, calmly and considerately taking appropriate action, with or without Down's syndrome. Don't be so negative.

Last edited by a moderator:
21st deadliest actually!

i know the reporter personally and contacted her to let her know.

she reported what she was told rather than finding out for herself

"i know the reporter personally and contacted her to let her know."

Why ?

It's a good thing he's ok - I hope the snake is too!

swabbed the wound and applied pressure, when will people realise swabbing the bite site is for the doctors venom detection kit, although if he was bleeding as much as they say it probably would have been useless anyhow.

You would think the parents would have kept a better eye on the poor boy, if he cant think for him self they should be watching him - or if he can think for him self then they should have tought him that snakes bite and not to go near them. poor kid

What do you mean? He had Down's Syndrome, but surely that wouldn't stop the message coming through clearly or affect his ability to make a rational decision about how to deal with a snake. Any nine year old boy is capable of rationally, calmly and considerately taking appropriate action, with or without Down's syndrome. Don't be so negative.

I don't know if you've met anyone with down syndrome Sdaji, but like all people some are smarter than others some can make rational decisions and some can't. With role models (edited) that drape all kinds of snakes around their necks and people that don't understand the 'don't try this at home' message we are going to see something like this happen again. This situation reinforces the need for proper education and not the mixed signals sent by some.

I fail to see how i can be positive about this Sdaji?

You would think the parents would have kept a better eye on the poor boy, if he cant think for him self they should be watching him - or if he can think for him self then they should have tought him that snakes bite and not to go near them. poor kid

And you're perfect right? If it was your kid your eyes would be glued on him 24/7 right? Never doing anything else but watching him right?

I don't know if you've met anyone with down syndrome Sdaji, but like all people some are smarter than others some can make rational decisions and some can't. With role models that drape all kinds of snakes around their necks and people that don't understand the 'don't try this at home' message we are going to see something like this happen again. This situation reinforces the need for proper education and not the mixed signals sent by some.

I fail to see how i can be positive about this Sdaji?

...just when I thought my sarcasm was blatant enough to be utterly unmissable, I realise I put it against the backdrop of unbridled stupidity. Sorry.

Many 'normal' teenagers would play copy cat no matter what you said and how much you told them not to. Heck, many people in their 20s, 30s and older would too. Obviously people want to try what they see. If someone else is doing it, they know it is possible and human nature means some will try it.

And you're perfect right? If it was your kid your eyes would be glued on him 24/7 right? Never doing anything else but watching him right?

I would try YES!! accidents happen we all know that, but when your chile is impared in any way they need extra care.

i spoke to a very good friend of mine that just happens to be the nurse in charge of the young lad

she told me that he has been released from hospital and is in good health, she said even though his injury's he was in good spirits the whole time

what a little trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back