Violent Break and Enter at the Alice Springs Reptile Centre

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The centre's director, Rex Neindorf, says he'll consider further action.
'This is a juvenile so unfortunately nothing can be done but we'll probably look at taking the family to court and getting restitution that way.
"Parents of children need to learn that they have to keep their children under control and they just can't wreak havoc like what's going on."

This should freak any parent - your kids under age may lead you to loose every thing you have
I hope that when it goes to court they are made to pay thousands & thousands of dollars maybe then they may want to keep track of their little ****

i'm really glad to hear that Bundy,....!!

if he'd trashed a neighbours BMW i'm sure the family would have to pay,....why should that be any different,...!?

The centre's director, Rex Neindorf, says he'll consider further action.
'This is a juvenile so unfortunately nothing can be done but we'll probably look at taking the family to court and getting restitution that way.
"Parents of children need to learn that they have to keep their children under control and they just can't wreak havoc like what's going on."

This should freak any parent - your kids under age may lead you to loose every thing you have
I hope that when it goes to court they are made to pay thousands & thousands of dollars maybe then they may want to keep track of their little ****

i'm really glad to hear that Bundy,....!!

if he'd trashed a neighbours BMW i'm sure the family would have to pay,....why should that be any different,...!?

Would an indigenous family living in Alice Springs have enough cash to cover all this? Me thinks not.

Would an indigenous family living in Alice Springs have enough cash to cover all this? Me thinks not.

What makes you think he is indigenous?
They may not be able to pay heaps but when what they have is taken from them it may make them think

Mr Neindorf said 10 reptiles - a turtle, four western blue tongue lizards, two bearded dragons, two thorny devils and a 1.8m adult female Spencer's goanna - were thrown into the jaws of the 200kg crocodile named Terry......

ok number one im teary eyed... a beautiful big monitor and other animals has been killed
but how did a 7year old pick that up wouldnt have been easy?

"Mr Neindorf said the animals would be hard to replace, in particular the female Spencer's goanna, which was about 20 years old and had been at the centre for nine years."

i feel so sick right now... i am just speachless...

sorry if this had already been mentioned but a koalas have been savegley killed in brisbane(not the first) and after they bashed it to death they took its leg off.. magpies have also been nailed to trees by their ings. a cat was found in a park skinned and part over the park, another were a owner came home to find there pet rabbit decapitated and parts of it found at a nearby park. this is absolutely disgusting. makes me want to wait out for ppl like this at night with a shotgun. i also work at a reptile park and know that animals were stole last week. change the laws, if its the 7 yr old and there not "old enough" charge the parents. WHO CARES! and if they are old enough JAIL! thing is the ppl that get caught dont end up in jail, or if they do its a couple of months and thats not a good enough lesson. Im sick of hearing dirty cases, and i know its only going to get worse, but it shoulnt be aloud to get worse!

What makes you think he is indigenous?
They may not be able to pay heaps but when what they have is taken from them it may make them think
Read through the other thread I linked to.
David Reed (reedysreptiles) posted after talking directly to Rex to clear up all speculation. This story has been running for more than 24 hours now. This time yesterday there was heaps of speculation and misinformation going around. everyone was doubting the age of the boy, whether he was alone, and how much the media had spun the story.

see the kid doesnt think like that.."what did the animals do to me that i shouldnt be doing this to them"? that would never of hit hes brain. he should be put in a detention centre for at least a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a shame, i knew their spencers monitor was big, was it really 1.8m as stated in the article?

Its unfortunate little fella didnt fall in the croc enclosure.

Yes obviously, but if they are letting him run around wherever he wants at whatever time he wants what makes you think they are going to do anything?

He needs some kind of punishment so that he realizes that if he's gonna harm lives and destroy other peoples property he isn't going to get away with it.

This may sound harsh but I say bludgeon the kid and feed them to a croc!!!

Who lets there 7yo kid out at 7am?

Parent's who don't care, either they are up to no good or passed out on the couch!!!

Whoever (one or a group) did it should be fed to the croc over the time it takes for him/her to eat all of them, keep their parts in a freezer and thaw them out for feeding.

He said the boy was lucky he did not also become Terry's dinner.

"The croc could have easily taken him from the landing he was standing on,'' he said.
"If he slipped and fell in he would have been gone.''

i would happily give him a helping push in!! lil poop deserves it!

see the kid doesnt think like that.."what did the animals do to me that i shouldnt be doing this to them"? that would never of hit hes brain. he should be put in a detention centre for at least a year.lil *****
///and for all others that are saying to burn the kid alive.

You guys are all fools. This kid is SEVEN years old. I see 7yos all the time whacking their little sisters over the head. Does that mean I should go and king-hit him in return?
When I was seven years old I used to dig apart ants nests just for fun, should I have had ants poured into my bed?
Just yesterday I saw a kid throw a rock and hit another kid, should I have grabbed the nearest rock and hurled it at him too?

Kids will be kids. There are always going to be terrors that take things too far. You guys are all being even more sadistic, thinking of these wicked punishments for him.

his parents also need punishment for allowing this child to be out in the first place
This is more appropriate.

well, at the very least the parents should be punished and have their kids taken away.

i'd still put the kid down, or at least cut of his hands and feet,..but hey, rules are rules,.. :(

I don't know where to start here, but in my line of work I have hundreds of horror stories of idiot parents and there ^&*( kids.
I have a close mate who worked at a remote aboriginal community and on money day (dole day) they would walk past his house with slabs of VB and sure enought he ^%$# would soon hit the fan. He was even attacked in his front yard, in front of family by an aboriginal with a knife, threatening to kill and rape his wife and kids. He had to fend him off with a lawn mower. BUT you don't see that on TV when all the civil libertarians are screaming out to help the local people! (ps - no jail for that guy either)
Now just imagine what sort of kids this bloke raises and he had 3. Monkey see mokey do.

Another little side note story;
I was in Eagleby (Logan) and in front of their 5 kids the language coming out of the mouth of the parents screaming at their neighbours in the street was unprintable. When I asked one of the 10 year olds why he ws throwing rocks at the neighbour he said 'because he is a f#$%^&* d^%$#@! right in front of the parents who did nothing.

It's always the idiots with no TV who are breeding and raising mini-me's who act just like mum and dad!
jas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back