Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So awesome dude, thanks so much. Def make this one sticky... I just asked all these questions 10 minutes after you posted this... haha. Sorry!

thanks heaps :D im soon getting my 1st snake and this will help loadsssss.

even with the convincing dad we dont need some huge enclosure to start off with o_0

thanks heaps :D im soon getting my 1st snake and this will help loadsssss.

even with the convincing dad we dont need some huge enclosure to start off with o_0

yes, lol that's what sealed the deal for me :lol:

That was so helpful for the newbies,and others.Good info,thanx for posting such a useful threat.I actually got a few good ideas myself....

great info/pics/setup etc i liked the inclusion of a tile for basking hadnt even thought of something like that.
however for any pythons that like humidity i.e darwins/cape york carpets/jungle pythons etc i wouldnt reccomend putting in as many airholes as you will run into alot of shedding problems with a well ventilated enclosure even with a waterbowl in the hot end. with my jungles old click clack i had only one row of small air holes across the front and the back - had no health probs and shed like a champ each time.

keep up the good work

great info/pics/setup etc i liked the inclusion of a tile for basking hadnt even thought of something like that.
however for any pythons that like humidity i.e darwins/cape york carpets/jungle pythons etc i wouldnt reccomend putting in as many airholes as you will run into alot of shedding problems with a well ventilated enclosure even with a waterbowl in the hot end. with my jungles old click clack i had only one row of small air holes across the front and the back - had no health probs and shed like a champ each time.

keep up the good work

I don't have a problem with keeping up humidity, I have problems keeping it down...it gets extremely humid up here. But if there is a problem, I've kept the plastic cut out and cut it so it fits the flywire on the outside

I don't have a problem with keeping up humidity, I have problems keeping it down...it gets extremely humid up here. But if there is a problem, I've kept the plastic cut out and cut it so it fits the flywire on the outside

my bad didnt even see you were in queensland lol. wasnt really addressing that to you either as since you've made a how to thread im assuming you know alot more about snakes and husbandry than the average joe, just anyone who would look in this thread for info. so only really listen to my info if you do not live in a humid area haha

I totally thought you would teach us how to add our own blue clips on the side of it to make it a click clack. :p Doh!

Looks good! I'm sure a lot of newbies really appreciate all the effort. :)

my bad didnt even see you were in queensland lol. wasnt really addressing that to you either as since you've made a how to thread im assuming you know alot more about snakes and husbandry than the average joe, just anyone who would look in this thread for info. so only really listen to my info if you do not live in a humid area haha

3 months of research, 3 weeks hands on, don't know nearly as much as I'd like but I'm fixing that :D I know you weren't aiming it at me, just thought I'd put that up so people in colder, drier climates knew why I did it. I find that if I put the side with the flywire on the cool side, it keeps my hot side 30-32 and my cool end 24-26, it helps so much, especially in the small container

Well done, great work and easy to follow. It was made much more interesting and easy to follow by the photos. This will help new people to get set up. And....Yes this should be a sticky!

Keep up the good work!!

I've just added a couple of perches to my clik claks. 20mm electrical conduit and some silicone.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    411.2 KB · Views: 1,040
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 993
Just wondering would this be suitable for a yound childrens python and what would be the way to go to heat them in that click clack, it is just such an awesome design good work

cheers Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back