God im ANGRY

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
have to agree, theres lots of idiot P-platers out there. I'm on my L's and when i 1st got them, some P's really scare me..

Last edited by a moderator:
I give them the revv back and then take off normally and they go shooting off looking like idiots. Great laugh when we are in my girlfriends dads SSV 6.0l VE Commodore with the cat back exhaust etc and you see these little corollas with their cannons giving us the rev at the lights. We just give it a bit and blow them away whilst they are screaming the cars balls out lol.
Nothing is better than a sleeper car. I love seeing commodore "P" platers pull up to my mates tiny little Nissan Micra and rev thier car like they are going to smash his micra. :lol:

Little do they know that his micra is pushing out over 300hp atw when on 15psi of boost. Its so funny seeing the commodore drivers face when they get smashed by a micra.

Then at the next set of traffic lights my mate says want to go again. :lol:

I give them the revv back and then take off normally and they go shooting off looking like idiots. Great laugh when we are in my girlfriends dads SSV 6.0l VE Commodore with the cat back exhaust etc and you see these little corollas with their cannons giving us the rev at the lights. We just give it a bit and blow them away whilst they are screaming the cars balls out lol.

Usually after you back off they do what is known as the "hero fly-by". You have ripped them easily (used to do it all the time on the bike) and then 500m up the road when you have backed off they finally catch up still going flat out and do the "hero fly- by"!! :)

Usually after you back off they do what is known as the "hero fly-by". You have ripped them easily (used to do it all the time on the bike) and then 500m up the road when you have backed off they finally catch up still going flat out and do the "hero fly- by"!! :)
My mate does that. They just cant compete with 1000cc

My mate does that. They just cant compete with 1000cc

True!! :)

There is also the "flicker".
The people in underpowered cars (sometimes thier parents) who take off in first gear flat out and the flick it across to the next lane (using the body roll ) whilst slamming it to second and dropping the clutch, just so it "chirps" second gear. :?

Today I came off my P Plates Woohoo :) I drive a 1966 Morris 1100 called Charlotte. I learnt to drive and got my license in her so I am very careful with the old girl as she is my pride and joy. So yes for a person in their mid 20's I may drive abit granny like. :)

Nothing more gave me the s%^@'s when these young idiots would pull out in front of me. now driving an old lady like Charlotte, I need a bit more distance to break, understandable come the age. The amount of times these bastereds caused me accidents is unbelievable let alone when the tailgate, cut me off, given me rude hand signs as I am understandably alot slower to take off at the traffic lights or cross roads etc.

Unfortunately for me these hoons also tend to drag and do burn outs the next street down from me at ungodly hours in the morning. It makes me so angry that they have to wake all the neighborhood and set the dogs howling when they could go to the raceway on a Wednesday where they can hoon and carry on like idiots with approval and supervision, where if they do mess up they will have medical assistance etc.

Where has the respect for each other on the road gone?!?! I would like to see the government put in a Power Limit on what cars P Plates are allowed to drive. They have done it for motorbikes, would it be so hard to do it for cars!?! And I think it would be brilliant if cops caught people hooning that they could destroy the cars or 'sold' the cars on and money made from it went to charity or to children who lost a parent due to people hooning, if people got my drift. Anyway other ideas on how to possibly prevent the issue?

Nothing is better than a sleeper car. I love seeing commodore "P" platers pull up to my mates tiny little Nissan Micra and rev thier car like they are going to smash his micra. :lol:

Little do they know that his micra is pushing out over 300hp atw when on 15psi of boost. Its so funny seeing the commodore drivers face when they get smashed by a micra.

Then at the next set of traffic lights my mate says want to go again. :lol:

Not to stir they pot or anything but, weren't you slamming people for driving like idiots earlier in the thread???

Yet you praise your friend for illegally drag racing at traffic lights??

I don't think you just have to be on you 'P's to drive like an idiot.

Not to stir they pot or anything but, weren't you slamming people for driving like idiots earlier in the thread???

Yet you praise your friend for illegally drag racing at traffic lights??
You can speed up to the speed limit and then drive normal. He only needs 60ft or so mate and he has them already then slows down. I am not talking about doing a whole length of a street drag.

Even in saying that but yes sometimes he drives like an idiot and he is not on his P's

I agree about P-platers, and I AM one.

Been tail-gated by two in the last two days (while not a slow driver, I only ever go to the speed limit; getting my license was hard, not prepared to lose it) and cut off by one yesterday. One of the ones tailing me had the nerve to give me the finger when I changed lane and he overtook me. I pointed and laughed at him. Didn't look amused AT ALL.

The way to deal with tail-gaters Miss Jane, is to take the advice given out by the RAA here in SA a few years ago, if someone's going to tailgate at 60 or 80 kms per hour, they will hit you at about the same speed.............................best thing to do is just ease off the accelerator gently, to allow your speed to slow down slowly...(if they are going to hit you, they will do it at a slower speed and hopefully, less damage, no injuries)..... they eventually get impatient, or get the message and overtake.............. if they want to abuse you for it, it's their problem.................. and hopefully.......... JUST HOPEFULLY......... there will be a plain police car there to cop him/her!!!!!!!!!!!

There is far too much agression and impatience (AND selfishness) on the road these days!

Always targeting P platers, like you people with your full license are saints.

I only just came off my plates mate. Full licence drivers do stupid things as well. All we are saying is that "P" platers (especially ones that drive commodores) seem to do it more.

Cameron

If it had of been me i would have thrown anything (whatever was near by) at their car. I know it's not right, but they'll kill someone. If someone was serious about cars (motor sport) they wouldn't be doing burnouts on gravel. So they are just idiots.
I figure ya throw something at their car, what are they gonna do? They try to do anything, you've got all ya fishing gear (imagine coppin a rod whipped to the face)
Back in school i was walking from the station and a car drove past and threw an egg and it hit my mate in the face, they turned around to come back, so i threw my school bag at their car. They weren't happy, but what were they gonna do.

Been tail-gated by two in the last two days (while not a slow driver, I only ever go to the speed limit; getting my license was hard, not prepared to lose it) and cut off by one yesterday. One of the ones tailing me had the nerve to give me the finger when I changed lane and he overtook me. I pointed and laughed at him. Didn't look amused AT ALL.

I chuck on the water for the windscreen wipers and spray them, or slow down heaps just to piss them off. They get so worked up, it's funny as. They can be as pissed off and angry as they want, it doesn't effect my life.

I totally agree, I am a P-plater, i'm not saying I'm the safest driver in the world but you guys just slag off on the P-platers because we are an easy target, new licence adventurous wanting to push limits (sometimes in an unsafe way, but it happens).. Honestly there are some full licenced drivers that somehow manage to keep themselves on the road when they are worse then us. Personally I think there would be a lot less anger on the roads if the speed limits were raised, and there were designated places where the teens who feel like being reckless can do so in a safe way.

BTW P-platers are not permitted turbo engine (i think thats what they are called)

Anyway.... sometimes people just act like jerks, they just usually happen to be young male drivers

I totally agree, I am a P-plater, i'm not saying I'm the safest driver in the world but you guys just slag off on the P-platers because we are an easy target, new licence adventurous wanting to push limits (sometimes in an unsafe way, but it happens)..

Wait, your saying that yes p-platers push the limits (in an unsafe way and often going over them), often endangering peoples lives (anyone watch the news?), but hey, who cares if people die or peoples windscreens get smashed, cause, y'know, it happens.

Ok, so I am being dramatic, and my god there are plenty of dangerous/shocking drivers off their P's (I don't even drive yet, but still get easily annoyed). BUT, I bet you most of these dangerous drivers were the same, if not worse when they were P platers. I am soon to be a P plater, but I don't take offense to this thread because I think we should be discouraging this behaviour at a young age (so there arent any shocking drivers when they come off their P's)... Am I making sense?!

I only just came off my plates mate. Full licence drivers do stupid things as well. All we are saying is that "P" platers (especially ones that drive commodores) seem to do it more.

Cameron

I'm a P plater who owns a commodore (but i behave cause well i cant afford to loose that car because we have kids) and well the only people who drive like idiots around me are not L's or Red P's or even green P's........... But public transport (hmmmm bus drivers) :lol::lol:

I totally agree, I am a P-plater, i'm not saying I'm the safest driver in the world but you guys just slag off on the P-platers because we are an easy target, new licence adventurous wanting to push limits (sometimes in an unsafe way, but it happens).. Honestly there are some full licenced drivers that somehow manage to keep themselves on the road when they are worse then us. Personally I think there would be a lot less anger on the roads if the speed limits were raised, and there were designated places where the teens who feel like being reckless can do so in a safe way.

BTW P-platers are not permitted turbo engine (i think thats what they are called)

Anyway.... sometimes people just act like jerks, they just usually happen to be young male drivers

You make yourselves the easy target by being dangerous morons! (Not all of you ofcourse)
Be reckless playing a sport or a go cart or dirt bike not a public road.. God forbid you or anyone you know is ever involved in a car accident but if you were you will see what "pushing the limits" eventual consequence is. I attend motor vehicle accidents were it has happened" and kids like you have been killed or seriously busted up for life...its never a pretty sight. Usually the driver survives and kills his mates. Ten years from now when you possess maturity and self preservation you will wonder why you even bothered risking your life.
Local race tracks usually have days where you can enter you car and drive on them. I know calder park in Melb does it. Doesnt seem to stop street racing though...:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back