Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickdejong

Not so new Member
Reaction score
is it possible for me too breed different species of blue tongue, IE blotched with eastern??
any help appreciated, cheers

No its not possible to breed different Sub-Species of Blue-Tongue Lizard's, in fact its illegal to do this if you don't believe me contact your local Wildlife Authority in your state and ask them if you can or cannot do it, l bet they will tell you its illegal to cross breed Sub-Species of any Reptile's.

It is possible, but like mentioned.. illegal.

When I say possible... it can happen, but very rarely.

about breeding and stuff, i was in the shower, and i was rudly disturbed by my little brother say "harley, harley...the lizards are doing it!" so i came out, he seperated them, and then got white foamy crap on his hands, im assuming its sperm, but i dnt know, and there only a year old. any help is appreciated.

Pretty sure subspecies will breed easily if kept together. I wouldn't do it but a mate had his two "female" blueys in his outside pit witha few other things and they got baby eastern x blotchies.

i dnt see it being bad, i mean you cross breed snakes. and how do we get different breeds? bye breeding others

it is possible, it also regularly happens, especially over seas.

it isn't recommended on an over-all ethical level, hence why its illegal.

Despite also having the urge to murder, let it be known deadrabbit, that our 'breeds' are actually species and sub species each independent of eachother. Occasional interbreeding happens between certain species that live in the same areas while in the wild, but it is illegal in captivity. Our snakes looking different have nothing to do with us breeding them with eachother and you're likely to get a hell of a flaming for promoting it, wanting it and/or not knowing the difference.

Despite also having the urge to murder, let it be known deadrabbit, that our 'breeds' are actually species and sub species each independent of eachother. Occasional interbreeding happens between certain species that live in the same areas while in the wild, but it is illegal in captivity. Our snakes looking different have nothing to do with us breeding them with eachother and you're likely to get a hell of a flaming for promoting it, wanting it and/or not knowing the difference.
yeh thats what i meant lol, no need for murder. i was just saying, that we do it with snakes, i didnt get the whole species and breeds things. sorry

That's the thing, we don't to 'it' with snakes, it occurs naturally, we have nothing to do with it!

That's the thing, we don't to 'it' with snakes, it occurs naturally, we have nothing to do with it!

Also known to occur naturally with Blueys as well.. Mainly Eastern x shingle back and Eastern x Blotched

Ben

yeh thats what i meant lol, no need for murder. i was just saying, that we do it with snakes, i didnt get the whole species and breeds things. sorry
ok...i dnt no that much bout snakes..lol sorry

Honestly, I suggest you start doing some research. Before you even consider breeding, you must understand species, breeds, hybrids, and other terms.

Bump73 said:
Eastern x shingle back

I have never seen nor heard about an Eastern blue tongue cross shingleback. I was under the impression that shinglebacks were fussy breeders and only breed with unrelated individuals of their own species?

If you breed them the best way to raise the hatchlings would be to put them in the freezer ;)

If you breed them the best way to raise the hatchlings would be to put them in the freezer ;)
Would live birth babies be called hatchies? Not moking you just not sure what to call them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back