Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was a thread about what we brought not what we didnt like about the expo

It was the first expo I've been to and I had a ball.

We'll be lucky if they bother next year with all the negative feedback I'm reading.

elapids

Hi all
Im Mike from black snake productions, we wanted to bring more elapids but with the range of people coming in we also wanted to display other animals which supported the Darwin theme that was running. Although we were sponser's we where not there to sell and there for ran at a massive loss which makes it hard to display and do more. It was also the first year we were allowed to display vens and next year will be bigger and better with the ven displays.
I want to thank all the stall holders and people donating to the auction to help the VHS as we could not have organised what we think to be a sucsesfull expo without you all. I would also like to thank all the people who could make it to the expo to buy the animals as there would be no expo without the customers. We hope you enjoyed our display but if you have any ideas or changes that could be made for the future please feel free to let us know www.blacksnakeproductins.com.au.
Mike alexander

expo [melbourne]

[imo]....definately not up to last years expo [melb] the loo eighty meters away and lucky for the coffee and cake people it wasn,t raining......last year eats and drinks were in doors and having been last year considerably less livestock......cheers solar 17 [Baden]

We had our 8 yr old Coastal Carpet for sale but as soon as the doors opened we had 2 couples wanting her real bad. She sold immediately! ;) so you missed seeing her maybe?

I'm so glad I got there early! She was what I ended up buying, a really beatiful snake. Thank you so much HerpTrader! She is settling in well.
I also got Mike Swan to sign a book I bought from him xD it was so exciting!

But it was a bit disappointing, especially after having to drive around the other side for parking and seeing a huuuuge building.

I never knew Adam (from Upmarket Pets) had so many kinds of geckos!

It's not negative feedback.. I've been to all 3 expo's
& will go again next year, as will most that have stated their disappointment.
It was lacking in animals etc...
But as trader mentioned there were more people in attendance this year.

Constructive criticism is totally different to negative feedback & it may help
make things even better for next year.
It was lovely to meet jan & see neil with his stunning crew as usual
*highlight of the day*

its mostly a place to buy and sell,displays ect,i wouldnt say i was dissapointed,was my first expo though,i only hung around for an hour,had to pick up an incubator off snakecharmer,thanks mate,i had no cash to buy anything but if i did there were quite a few temptations,over all i cant see why people were dissapointed,it beats no expo at all,but it would be great if they had talks on ect,especially for newcomers or those seeing reps for the first time

There were only a few commercial guys selling animals. There were many like me who helping man the Herp Shop stand with our private animals on the next stand which may have looked like we were selling animals commercially but this is far from the case.

I thought it was too much trade and not enough hobbiest, but why. It seems the Victorian hobby doesn't like the public; shy maybe? Its chicken and egg stuff in that you cant get exhibitors without the crowds and you wont get the crowds without the exibitors. My appologies for not knowing the history, I think one the key ingredients of sucess for Castle Hill is the reptile show/competition which draws in a wide variety of different creatures. Has there ever been one in Victoria? I'll start battling the red tape now and hopefully Snakefarmer can support next years event. Thanks to the organisers for their tireless efforts. I know these shows dont just happen by themselves.

mike that chappel island tiger was a ripper,solid tanks of things,the ven display was great,kudos to the vhs for putting such an event on,alot of work goes into organising such days,especially when the organisers have there own stalls to keep them busy to,my hats off to them as they always seem to be the ones organising and putting in the hard yards for such events ect,yet they cant please everyone,lol,also to the stall holders,takes alot of effort and expense to bring all that gear and animals to the venue ,especially when they are just there to display,its not all about buying people,ill be there next year if its on as having such a crowd of like minded reptile freaks in the one location is a rarity,bring on 2010

This is what I went in to get from expo but was dissapointed that I couldn't find any so drove home and rang a few different pet shops and found what I was after...

May I say I didn't see 1 person with a tag on... No I didn't wear one but I was interested..

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 46
I really enjoyed the Expo. Overall I thought it was very well organised. I would have liked more info on opening times and directions as I got a train from Geelong.
I wish there had been more dragons - colour morphs, netteds, painted dragons etc. I loved the Angle-headed dragons and frilled lizards but I'm not interested in buying those.

I will certainly go again and perhaps it's a good thing that i didn't buy any animals because when I got home one of my beardies was half way through laying 16 eggs and I had no idea she was pregnant!

Wish I'd bought one of those cheap incubators, I had to spend a couple of hours making a foam box job!

perhaps it's a good thing that i didn't buy any animals because when I got home one of my beardies was half way through laying 16 eggs and I had no idea she was pregnant!

Wish I'd bought one of those cheap incubators, I had to spend a couple of hours making a foam box job!

:)Nice post! and what a nice surprise when you got home! Good luck with the eggs! :shock:

If I remember correctly there was a nice (new in the box) incubator that sold at the auction for just over $100?.

Cheers!

:)Nice post! and what a nice surprise when you got home! Good luck with the eggs! :shock:

If I remember correctly there was a nice (new in the box) incubator that sold at the auction for just over $100?.

Cheers!

Arghhhhhh. Don't tell me that! I was running around like a maniac trying to find all the stuff to make one. I had books spread out around me, I searched all the relevant threads on here. The lounge room was covered in chunks of foam and gaffa tape as I hacked and sawed. All seems to be Ok though!

I picked up a central bearded dragon and some enclosure stuff

thought there would have been more herpts for sale but didnt leave too dissapointed LOL

I didn't pick up any animals of course being from Brisbane, but I loved being able to walk around and look at everything and talk to other herp lovers.

I just got a few back issues of Reptiles Australia Mag and one of the binders and I also got a nice big water dish for my Netted's. Wanted to get some fluon and some F-10 but was worried they wouldn't let me take it on the plane so I'll order it online.

I thought the expo was great and I'm so glad that I made the decision to come down cause I've had a ball. I've never walked so much in my life though and my feet are killing me but that's only because we spent so long at the markets. Flying home tomorrow and I've managed to pack all my goodies in so all's good.

What i bought from the Show.

I thought i would share a pic of this beautiful femal Tully Jungle i bought. Very happy.

I also bought some burtons will take pics once i pick them up...

On the whole the show was good. But like normal didnt have as much money as i would have hoped

Michael

Attachments

• DSC_0151.jpg
    DSC_0151.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 104
QUote::
This is what I went in to get from expo but was dissapointed that I couldn't find any so drove home and rang a few different pet shops and found what I was after...

That is exactly what i did i was after sopme water dragons but only saw 1 there on display so i took the chance while i was in the city to head into a few pet shops and picked them up. i thought there wasnt enough reptiles for sale but as for everything else i thought it was great

I bought a book, and if Lizard Lady is reading... NYER! ;) :lol: Gee, all those signatures! ;)

I'd also have bought a raffle ticket if they'd run one again this year :lol:

At the end of a very difficult February I actually felt a bit too drained to go and certainly not in the best frame of mind for the event, but figured I should check it out and although I really wasn't feeling up to it, I did want to catch up with a lot of people.

It was interesting to see from the perspective of where the herp world is heading and what stage it's up to. It was very much as I expected it to be, and on the whole I'm sure those who ran it can chalk it up as a success according to their objectives.

hey there all

i agree it was not as good as last years but with the turmoil, money wise at the moment i can see why a few private breeders did not attend.

Was great to catch up with the APS members that i found, richard..... how rude was that dang parking guy lol was having a good yac and he tells me to move on hahahaha

Andy was funny as when ya busted me heading back in after i went to the airport to drop off a pair of hypo bredli

will definatly be there next year, may even do a display myself would have brought a few hatchies from this season, although im not happy to sell untill they are feeding well. So i agree maybe abit later in the year would be better (maybe give us breeders another month or 2 to get everything feeding and ready to sell)

but big cheerz to all who organized the event, big hats off to you all

p.s. Andy and Bitey im taking you wallets next year lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back