Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sure it's a shame they wil be euthinased, but that is the fault of all the keepers of these animals

you can look at it that way I guess.. thats your opinion.

but in my opinion the fault that these beautiful animals will be killed lies with the dirtbag that dobbed this lady in.. If they hadn't of done that these animals may have lived out their lives happily in the care of their owner.

again I'm not "agreeing" with the keeping of illegal exotics animals. but if someone chooses to do so knowing the consequences.. that is their business and not mine. cheers.

so if you knew someone selling vipers you wouldn'tdob them in couse it's none of your business...

I know people selling brown snakes, whats the difference?

If somone does choose to buy a viper, or any exotic venomouse, then its their predicament if they get bitten. Its personal choice. Somthing this country has been severely lacking in recent years.

Antivenom for most international venomouse species is suprisingly well available here in Aus and alot of our native antivenoms are actually used overseas for other species because of their similarity etc.

Last edited:
DSE saying that the boas are carriers of IBD is complete BS,those here are carrying no more desease than any native species in a collection,its just a waste of money and resources that could be put to better use.

To many dogs in this world, i think people should just mind there own business and worry about their own problems.

its such relief to see some people on here with an actually thought pattern and not the mind off a flocking sheep, thumbs up imo, i dont condone the keeping of these species but the cop out that they carry all these fatal diseases is complete bs, these snakes have been here for years and years they are the offspring of many many years of australian bred boas, twentyB ur disposition is idiotic and uninformed im afraid. like i said i dont condone the keeping of these species but i dont see why people cant jsut appriciate that they are an interesting and beautiful species in there own right.

cheers

our native wildlife is something i care for greatly,
sure these exotics are beautiful animals, and if they werelegal, then i would own quite a few exotics,
but the point is the are NOT LEGAL,
i am glad keepers of them are getting busted,
i am glad people trading in native species illegaly are geting busted.
AND I HOPE MORE OF THEM GET BUSTED.

I would like to know how the majority of you have come to the conclusion that these boas are in fact disease free animals. I am hopeing for an intelligent answer here ( so seanjbkorbett, please keep your hands well clear of your keyboard). All the posts about these animals being here for ages, being disease free, is just fabricated fantasy, not fact... Its not implausable that they are imports themselves, nor that like many boas they can carry IBD without showing symptoms, as it is well documented that IBD in boas isnt as detrimental as when it appears in pythons.... spose, shouldnt let the truth get in the way of a good story though.

Yeh sure "dobbers" aren't cool hey,
fancy telling the authorities about exotics
that potentially risk our native wildlife!

What sort of low life calls in about illegal exotics
that aren't supposed to be here
*the nerve* :rolleyes:

Personally them do gooders don't bother me...
If you have nothing to hide in the 1st place then it's no concern,
if you do..too bad ;)

I'm with 20B 100% the real "dogs" are the ones bringing in
exotics imo

i aint no dobber but i think it would suck to have more feral spieces in oz .If there kept illegally and bred under these circumstances it could lead to problems in future. I cant really see big comparison between growing drugs and keeping exotic animals unless your growing some sort of hibrid gunja that could threaten the mole populus of australia and if that was the case im sure alot of the drug underworld would put a stop to it ,any threat to our native flaura and fauna should be stopped no matter what the circumstances. Killing the animals is BS should have went to legal private collection or to a zoo.

I can understand completely why exotics are currently illegal to keep in this country. In saying that, I don't especially agree with said laws and thus wouldn't, and haven't, reported the exotics I've seen in private collections.
The day they become legal I'll be lining up with most of the rest of you for our corns and boas and such, 'till then I'll stick with natives.

Twenty B... i'm with you, i dont understand why you wouldnt tell the authorities about exotic snakes- in all honesty they are doing nothing to help our native wildlife and if you havent noticed that reptile parks are full of boa's, from memory they have something like 40 snakes a clutch, thats why even the zoo's refrain from breeding them- and why should they adopt them? the quarentine is exhausting and pricey. Sure it's harsh to euthenise them but what other options are there really, we can't send them back, can't keep them without great cost- so whats the point.

i haveherpies..thats very fair enough..can u scientits give me one example of a "reptile" or documented case..(since exotics have been in australia for many many yrs underground) that says and proves they have spread a disease to our native wildlife or endagered our wildlife what so ever in the past and to date...and no red eared slider turtles dont count..im talking snakes and lizard...are those south east asian house geckos annyoing you people :) ??...just curiouse..then ill rest my case!..and where does IBD originate from,im curiouse aswell..and if these boas have been here for many yrs,lets say bred here for yrs n yrs,and this pair r a offsrping of many yrs of breeding in australia.. then where did the IBD come from?..unless its already a australian disease..correct me please if im wrong..i dont care.

I like the way you goodie goodies claim your standing on "Its illegal because they take over our native wildlife" yet you've turned around in the same breath and admitted that if it was legal you would happily keep exotics, therefore negating your own argument.

I am amazed..... i knew they had sent chimps into orbit, taught monkeys to paint, even a gorilla to speak sign language.... though seanjbkorbett, you typing semi fluent sentences has blown me away.

cheers..ur pritty clever yahself? ;) and thats clever wording u got their aswell...thats kool kuz bro ;)..but iam not hear to pay u out or say how nerdy u are and clever...i just whanted a answer..thats all im wating for,just to answer my question since its so "primitive" and im so basic..im sure u can answer it..cos i honeslty dont know??? ;)..cheers i haveherpies,hope to hear back from u? :)

I like the way you goodie goodies claim your standing on "Its illegal because they take over our native wildlife" yet you've turned around in the same breath and admitted that if it was legal you would happily keep exotics, therefore negating your own argument.

I find it amusing that all of the people saying the caller is a dog etc
are saying how they should leave the people with exotics alone..
Then in the next breath say oh but I don't condone exotics :rolleyes:

Also don't tar us all with the same brush :|
I'm quite happy to stick to natives regardless of legalities ty!

I find it amusing that all of the people saying the caller is a dog etc
are saying how they should leave the people with exotics alone..
Then in the next breath say oh but I don't condone exotics :rolleyes:

I've already admitted that I'd happily keep them if it wasnt for risking my collection due to do-gooders. The caller is still a dog in my eyes.

So I dont neccesarily dissagree with your above post.

mayhem said:
I dont keep exotics, because my collection is not worth losing to dibber dobbers, but I have no problem personally with somone who does. I wish there was an icon for somone having a cry, I'd use it here for you.

Last edited:
cheers..ur pritty clever yahself? ;) and thats clever wording u got their aswell...thats kool kuz bro ;)..but iam not hear to pay u out or say how nerdy u are and clever...i just whanted a answer..thats all im wating for,just to answer my question since its so "primitive" and im so basic..im sure u can answer it..cos i honeslty dont know??? ;)..cheers i haveherpies,hope to hear back from u? :)

Why even bother with punctuation when you clearly can't spell? You must have been one of the "cool kids" in school who has since dropped out and is a trainee burger flipper, or electrician. I'm sure of it. Perhaps you shoudl've learnt how to read and write, maybe then you'd be able to read up about how these exotics carry disease, rather then needing someone to explain it to you in laymen terms.

im not one for dobbing folks in but are u guys saying if u saw the scum that lit the recent bushfires u wouldnt dob them in????????????????????,i know its different but end of the day there the same,2 people breaking the law,oh i love a debate,lol

i love how dse also use the old ibd topic and threat to native reps,to make them look like there doing the community and native reps a service,diseases are carried by our native species,the boas are at just as much risk of catching ibd or something of aussie species,wouldnt supprise me if the powers that be dont euthanise them at all,plenty of them are just as corrupt as the people they like to gloat about taking down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back