Rat and Mouse Food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

Can anyone who buys 20kg bags of rat and mouse cubes be able to tell me what brand? What price? and what quality? Do you have to add supplements??? Do they have meat meal in them and what percent???? Were do you buy them?? NSW prefered.

G'day Fay,

There's several different brands of rodent cubes on the market and a good deal of them are utter crap (but still significantly better than dog and horse food though!). The two best ones on the market are Cummins from South Australia and Ausorganics from Greenmount in Queensland. If you were to buy it by the ton like we do, it works out quite affordable to have it freghted just about anywhere.

I get 16kg bags. Brand = Gordon's. Expensive at $34.50 per bag but is absolute gold. I use it for both rats and mice, no supplements at all, and they just keep pumping the babies out. I purchase it from Condell Park Produce, but i believe it is also available from The Reptile Shop at Narellan. Can't help with the meat meal/percentage question as i empty the contents into a plastic bin and throw the bags away, can check next time i purchase though.

i just made a rat and mouse mix that has no meat meal in it

it has 20.00% protine 3.9% fat 4.00% fibre
we will be making this mix all the time i will be tacking a bag to the show next week end if anyone wants to have a look

G'day Fay,

There's several different brands of rodent cubes on the market and a good deal of them are utter crap (but still significantly better than dog and horse food though!). The two best ones on the market are Cummins from South Australia and Ausorganics from Greenmount in Queensland. If you were to buy it by the ton like we do, it works out quite affordable to have it freghted just about anywhere.

So you recommend Ausorganics, you use it yourself obviously? There is a stockist in Bundaberg which is the nearest to me, I might be interested if its a good product. How much per bag is it?

G'day Fay,

100% agree with the Cummins cubes, been using them for quite a while now and cant fault the product in any way

I find Norco to be great, calculated so its got the right amount of protein yet not too much fat.... Unsure of cost though as I buy it by the 1/2 tonne

not to highjack the thread but i am using brastock in vic any one point me in the direction of the good stuff here in melb as the barastock is utter crap

Do any have animal protein in them or only vegetable protein????

We were told that because of the mad cow disease all stockfeed only have vegetable protein.
We feel that they need an animal protein supplement. as they are not vegetarians.
Can anyone verify this?????

We were told that because of the mad cow disease all stockfeed only have vegetable protein.
We feel that they need an animal protein supplement. as they are not vegetarians.

Could always feed them some liver / other meat every now and then.

not to highjack the thread but i am using brastock in vic any one point me in the direction of the good stuff here in melb as the barastock is utter crap

Peter Gibbs stock feeds in Glenroy

Can someone provide a phone number, web or email address for the Cummins stuff please?

Thanks.

We used to give our pet rats tuna from time to time, oil in it made their coats shiny.
We assumed it was good for them and they loved it (though tended to make them a bit aggressive)

I find giving them any type of meat turns them on each outher and have had them eating there baby's

So I dont feed them any meat

Lewy

Most of the good rat and mouse feeds contain animal protiens of some sort.
The stockfeed industry isnt allowed to include animal product in the feeds that are used for ruminant production { cows, sheep etc}

Tried a load of this feed once, didnt like it as there was far to much waste as its not
a hard pellet and a lot of it ends up in the litter, Not cost effective for us.

That's strange cos the stuff I use is a hard big Cube and I never have any waste at all

May be they have changed since you used it last??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back