Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sweetangel. I went to the office today to collect a ballot item. List is down for review to readd Monitors and such but I confirmed with them that Womas are infact on Class 1 now.

We had a chat with NPWS at the expo and they never mentioned anything.

The only thing as keepers we have to be worried of is minimum size enclosures eg 4ftx2fx2ft for each stimson's and this is going to be legally inforced.

Monitors would just be a screw up by the npws by not putting them on.

Gillsy - where was the NPWS -I didn't see a stall?

Thay haven't already? I coulda sworn I saw some at the expo..

:lol:

bugger i missed them... some absolute screamer RP carpets though on zacs table!

as for jags though i dont see why people who haved them are so secretive about them? they will be just as excepted todayu as the day they are finally out in the open. and now with NPWS making it clear that its not illegal to hybridise, the future of jags will take off for sure here

hey guys i have a question with the enclosure size um im kinda lost what do u mean they will be legally inforcing it and is that only for stimson's cuz from what im gathering ur meaning is that the smallest the enclosure can be is 4ftx2ftx2ft for a stimson and if its any smaller ur un crap

and if thats correct is that only for the stimson or will all snakes have a size regulation and if its not to much truble can some one explain why they are enforcing this

cheers :D

hey guys i have a question with the enclosure size um im kinda lost what do u mean they will be legally inforcing it and is that only for stimson's cuz from what im gathering ur meaning is that the smallest the enclosure can be is 4ftx2ftx2ft for a stimson and if its any smaller ur un crap

and if thats correct is that only for the stimson or will all snakes have a size regulation and if its not to much truble can some one explain why they are enforcing this

cheers :D

Not sure on what other species it would be enforced on or how this will be enforced, but I'm guessing it would be for all reptiles.... This would be an animal welfare reason/issue and to do with the 5 freedoms that all animals are suppose to get as "rights" if you like... All animals have the right to the 5 freedoms... From memory, they are:

1. Freedom from hunger and thirst
2. Freedom from pain, illness and disease
3. Freedom from discomfort
4. Freedom to express normal behaviour
5. Freedom from fear or distress

The main one that the NPWS would be trying to ensure is the freedom to express normal behaviour by ensuring that they have sufficient space and proper facilities....

This is all just my assumption of course... But I'd say it would be for every reptile with different size requirement minimums for each species etc.

Thank you Dr Tribe! My uni course came in handy! Woooo! Hope you're proud! lol:D:p:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back