Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetras

Reaction score
hey everyone.
if you can see the gecko in this picture can you identify it?
ive seen heaps of them around the place, not sure if they are anything special or just a normal gecko :p
thanks

Attachments

• P02-11-09_0045.jpg
    P02-11-09_0045.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 173
Photo isnt great but id say Christinus marmoratus (Marbled Gecko)
Very common around the Murray.
Cheers Andy.

Looks a marbled gecko
as far as i know the only geckos in ur area is MG and Eastern Stone Gecko (Diplodactus vittatus) and the gecko in ur pic is not ESG
It can b hard to identify MG as its appearance can be variable in different populations

It does look like a Gehyra variegata, im guessing you live at Mildura VIC and Gehyra variegata dont reach that far into Vic, soo that leaves me to think that it is a Marbled Gecko Christinus marmoratus.
Thanks Tim.

Acrochordus,

I have found G. variegata in Hattah NP (50kms South of Mildura)

That is not Christinus marmorata.

Def Gehyra variegata

Cheers,
Scott

Acrochordus,

I have found G. variegata in Hattah NP (50kms South of Mildura)

That is not Christinus marmorata.

Def Gehyra variegata

Cheers,
Scott
Awsome just going of the field guide which is not always right. I was pritty sure it was a Gehyra variegata but location made me change my mind.
Thanks Tim.

Tetras
If you see the Gecko again (which i doubt) try to see if it has claws on all its toes as variegated dtella's don't have a claw on their inside toe and marbled geckos do
It is very hard to tell from this photo for sure but that i know that dtellas thanks eipper) occur that far south that could be possibly be the one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back