Pet Cane Toad chaging colour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if u get one of those within reach its ur obligation as a native animal lover and as an Australian to humanely kill it, not release it back into the wild

I think it's actually legal to keep things such a cane toads or asian house geckos for like a week or so if you intend on releasing it back into the wild soon

Both are introduced feral species & it is illegal to house them or release them back into the wild.
The only thing that is legal is to euthanise them.

Check the laws, they are illegal to keep in all states
If you have one or more as a pet, it has been illegally removed from the wild.
You may not have removed it, but it has been.
No-one except scientists can legally own cane toads, this includes your friend.
What licence is it held under?

Since they aren't protected what type of license do you expect him to have?

I think it's actually legal to keep things such a cane toads or asian house geckos for like a week or so if you intend on releasing it back into the wild soon
Jees, what are they teaching the kids these days

Curious to see what licence their friend holds it under & claims that it is legal.
Think ahead a step.

I'm sure keeping a single specimen would be detrimental.
Like I know they are rare and all:lol:

Gary, are you actually able to show you where it says it is illegal? I've been looking, and I can't find it.

Mate, it's a ruddy Cane Toad, im sure the government doesn't really care, or they would be doing so much more to eradicate them from the wild. It's probably illegal to go out and kill them with a golf club too.

Laws like that are to protect frogs from being taken out from all over the wild hurting the species, taking cane toads is helping them.

Gary, are you actually able to show you where it says it is illegal? I've been looking, and I can't find it.

For the risk of another infringement, goto www.frogs.org.au & do a search, it will come up there but I can't remember exactly what thread/post by Gerry/ARC.
A search will definately find it though.

Laws like that are to protect frogs from being taken out from all over the wild hurting the species, taking cane toads is helping them.

By having one & admitting it openly on a public forum, it shows exactly what kind of disregard that you hold towards the system.
The system may not be perfect, but it is this kind of thing which causes more waste of time with beaurecrats & stops other species being added to the list, as this kind of behaviour shows that we can't do the right thing. Actions like these affect us all.

lol I didnt get attached to my house geckos so it was easy.... freezer for them when they got boring, they atleast got a few extra weeks, usually I would just squash them. just keep your toads dont listen to any of the "armchair herpers" :p
I thought that u need a license for AHG's as well
On my nsw license its one of the species on cat 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back