Pet Cane Toad chaging colour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never new that, just straight vinegar? Hate watching them squirm and carry on, at least it's quicker than a freezer. I would much rather crush them though, so quick and painless, unlike the liquids.

yea mate just straight vinegar, does the job in bout 5-7mins ... gota warn u tho, the smell is horrible ...after their dead, i get em out of the pail and just pack em into plastic bags and dispose of em into the wheelie bin ...

Just like they set up heroin stations they can have the 'Toad Booths' keep'n the streets clean and the toads single use only :)

thats a great idea, for anyone that its thinking or does "toad" here is why you shouldnt, there is no better reference then a family guy reference ;)

[video=youtube;pMFLFFnwGck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMFLFFnwGck&feature=related[/video]

I would much rather crush them though, so quick and painless, unlike the liquids.

I beg to differ, i have squashed many a cane toad and seen their guts come out their mouths and everything, but then they just suck it back in and hop away.....

i hardly think this pet one is going to carc it easily.....

I beg to differ, i have squashed many a cane toad and seen their guts come out their mouths and everything, but then they just suck it back in and hop away.....

Iv had the same experience
Those things are almost bullet proof

Cane Toads make great pets, just like other problem animals...ummm rabbits, cats, dogs, horses, camels, deer etc etc etc etc........I kept one for about 5 years and fed it rats.....

lol really, I gotta see that to believe it, just use a big bit of timber or a thick stick, few wacks and it doesnt get up. you will find, the first shot will kill it if you do it properly.... pretty instant, and humane.

if its true, no wonder they survive, aussie stuff dies over nothing, I stepped on a striped marsh frog with my boot and it was pretty screwed up, hardly even got it lol.

lol really, I gotta see that to believe it, just use a big bit of timber or a thick stick, few wacks and it doesnt get up. you will find, the first shot will kill it if you do it properly.... pretty instant, and humane.

if its true, no wonder they survive, aussie stuff dies over nothing, I stepped on a striped marsh frog with my boot and it was pretty screwed up, hardly even got it lol.

yep, ground i into the dirt with the heel of my shoe..... off it hopped.....

i'm sorry, but i hate them, and the fact that they are spreading so far. they're in kakadu now, they were all over the place when i lived there. and in byron too.... *shudder*

the only good cane toad is a dead one. they aren't pets they are pests

yep, ground i into the dirt with the heel of my shoe..... off it hopped.....

i'm sorry, but i hate them, and the fact that they are spreading so far. they're in kakadu now, they were all over the place when i lived there. and in byron too.... *shudder*

thats pretty cool, I got no problem with people hating them, I hate them as much as I hate cats and rabbits and will not hesitate to kill them, I do not condone cruelty either. I am pretty sure they have found a few in WA, when I was at katherine gorge in 2001 (or 2000 or 2002 I cant remember) we saw a cane toad at the visitors centre, it was dead. agree with the only good toad is a dead toad, thats my views on every single introduced species, no matter how cute, but would keep them, but I am not the type of person who would get attached, my rabbits and my house geckos were never released, even though they were pretty cute. (rabbits were kinda released..... but as I said before they got about 10 metres, you can guess the rest) if they breed disposing the young is easy, just freeze the whole water area, you will get some frozen tadpole filled water ;) yum.....

Last edited:

Really? They're as tough as nails aye, I have squashed a few in Tiger Snake habitat (as they're not common up here) and never had that trouble, luckily. Made sure I did the deed properly.
Also on a few occasions I have given them something to hide under and then driven over it, no suffering, double checked.
But I agree the only good Toad in Australia is a dead one. Along with other pest's.

I would never actually release it back to the wild, freezing for sure

Cane toads may be a pest, but freezing it is inhumane, freezing is a long, slow painful death for them. The kidest way to ethanase them is blunt force trauma to the head. Might not sound as nice, but is kinder to the animal.
It doesn't deserve to die in pain.
If you must freeze them, put them in the fridge first, it's slows them down so they don't feel the freezing as much.
I don't know the legalities about keeping them as pets, but you can't release them once caught.

golfclubs,Sticks,Cars, im sure some of these can help your toad from feeling green,they work good on sick cats as well

according to the RSPCA it is illegal to inhumanely kill a cant toad and $250 000 fine can be issued. as for the legality ive never come across it as i personally havent had the urge to keep one. but if i was you id check with local council just in case cause you could get in big trouble for keeping it IF it is illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back