Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a nice Coastal. Yep, I see the similarities. Do yo know who has it now and if it is being bred with any other stunner similar to itself?

Kris.

Time to kick this thread in the guts again.
This bloke went 6 months without eating, lastnight he took 1 mouse, today he took 4 and a medium rat. Can't wait to see him after a shed. Going off what I learnt on here the other day he is a "High Quality" carpet because he has yellow on him. I need to learn how to take good piccies like the pro does. The flash washes the yellow out.

Kris.

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 145
He is a lovely looking snake Kris. Did you take that picture as he finished lunch? Can see his mouth is still waiting for a yawn :D

Snakes are very hard to get that perfect shot. If its in focus nicely, their colour is wrong. Or you can take 100 photos and get less than 10 worth keeping. But professionals aren't any better. They take tonnes of pics, you only see the really good snaps. And of course the equipment they know how to use obviously goes a long way to helping keep the photos just like you're looking at the animal directly.

I find I get good pics of my intergrades outdoors rather than inside their enclosures. Even anywhere in the house, or where the flash goes off always bounces off their skins. Overcast days are good when the sun isn't so shiny, but I have fluked the occasional shot in the sunlight and have it turn out really nice. One of females colour looks black and white in photos under sunlight while in the shade or overcast you can see her beautiful yellow.

A nice Coastal. This was the most perfect orange looking Coastal up till about 3 months ago, then the black started coming through. In the past 2 weeks it has lost its orange and started to go olive coloured. It is nearly 2 years old.

Kris.

Is that the little orange fellow you've been updating me on, or a different one?

Not bad at all Kris....but i have to say,it doesnt look like a normal Coastal..must be a hybrid...LOL....Heres a few of my girl that ive had for 4-5years,big pussy cat....MARK

Attachments

• 100_1621.jpg
    100_1621.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_1630.jpg
    100_1630.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 101_1445.jpg
    101_1445.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 101_1443.jpg
    101_1443.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 94
The only coastal I have left now....have to find him a suitable girl.

Is that the little orange fellow you've been updating me on, or a different one?

Hey mate,

That is a different animal altogether. That other orange Coastal is over a metre long now and still very orange and not too much black. I'll get some photos soon. It's a stunner. I think it is an A+ Grade :)

Kris.

Not bad at all Kris....but i have to say,it doesnt look like a normal Coastal..must be a hybrid...LOL....Heres a few of my girl that ive had for 4-5years,big pussy cat....MARK

Must be hey ;)

How did you go with your Carpet x Broom hybrid project ? :lol:

Kris.

Here you go Vixenbabe,
This one has been in this thread earlier. It's mother was a Coastal, the father was a carrot.
Kris.

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 124
It's SUNSHINE Browns....My new sunshine saffron morph. Get it right.

Mattsnake that's an absolute screamer,up there with any of the nicest coastals I've ever seen,jaw dropping.Ifyou get a nice partener for it I'd love to get a hatchling or two from you.Someone posted a nice black and cramy white coastal earlier on in this thread,does that one of yours have any locality info?

Golly gosh I should've known better....of course, I forgot all about those new sunshine morphs!!! I'll try dig up a pic of my lunar morph,same colour as the moon on a lunar eclipse!!

Lunar morphs? HA! As if. Don't try and pull the wool over my eyes you money grubbing morph breeder.

NAH AH,it's a fairlydinkum lunar phase,true I tell ya.Had a guy call the other day who said he'd heard about my lunar morph project and said it sounded cool as a cucmber and offered me $10,000.00 but I had to knock it back,I'm sick of people offering petty amounts for such an incredible snake,just wait till next season as they are actually double hets for solar and lunar morphs and when you put those across each other they go all black and hard to see!!!

Last edited:
Hang on 5, I'll lick a canetoad and then reply. You are clearly using better drugs than me. :lol:

Sounds so cool it's a bit ICY even.

Must be hey ;)

How did you go with your Carpet x Broom hybrid project ? :lol:

Kris.
Not BAD at all,although some of them the bristles are small so i doubt those ones will survive..MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back