Urgent urgent!! - injured bluey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyman

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have just found a blue tongue lizard that must have been attacked by a dog or cat and it has quite a large hole in it's side. It is still breathing but not moving. I have rung 4 vets and have been given the runaround because they are all closed and I have tried another wildlife service and was told to ring back in 15mins when the next shift starts. Should I euthanise it and how would I go about doing this. I dont want to do it but I cannot bear to look at it. Any help here would be much appreciated. I live in bexley, sydney.

euthanise it if you think it is the right thing to do.

One of the vets should be able to give you the number of an after hours vet that you can ring. have you tried WIRES?

I haven't tried wires but was given the number of another wildlife service like wires and they were the ones who said take it to a vet or ring back when the next shift starts. I have also rang 2 after hours vets and they were no help, just said take it somewhere else.

depends, if you have a gun, use that. if not, probably a well placed shovel behind the head... either way it wont suffer for more than half a second.

look, I'm not 100% sure, but I would assume crushing it's head quickly would be lest painful, but don't be half ****d about it or you will just hurt it badly. I know it seems cruel, but go all out and smash it with a rock/brick. very sorry to anyone if this is wrong, but this is what I've always done, always killed them instantly.

depends, if you have a gun, use that. if not, probably a well placed shovel behind the head... either way it wont suffer for more than half a second.
I personally wouldn't do either of these. gun can miss with something so small, and I'm not sure if lizards are like snakes in that the head survives for a few minutes after being cut off. brick is simple.

Listen dont kill it, post some pics up and gets member to decide. I think to entunise it would be best.

I dont think u will have a chance of killing it by cruching its head. A trucky who was driving near where i own my horses ran over one right ontop of its head and nothing happened to the lizard.

Are you all serious! you want me to smash its head with a brick!!! I won't be doing that and the guy who suggested a gun if you want to be a goose do it on some other site, but I am asking a serious question about an animal who has a hole in it's side.

I dont think u will have a chance of killing it by cruching its head. A trucky who was driving near where i own my horses ran over one right ontop of its head and nothing happened to the lizard.

That is incorrect, I could kill one with a mini and can easily kill one with a brick, a semi would turn it flatter than my wallet after my wife has been xmas shopping... don't believe everything people tell you.

Are you all serious! you want me to smash its head with a brick!!! I won't be doing that and the guy who suggested a gun if you want to be a goose do it on some other site, but I am asking a serious question about an animal who has a hole in it's side.

You have to make up your mind whether you think it will live or not.... if it is clearly seriously injured, put it out of it's misery asap, or take it to a vet to be done, but don't leave it to die a slow death.

Jason someone didnt tell me i saw it with my own eyes. I dunno if it had internal bleeding but we saw one the next weekend in the same spot dead.

Yer but i think pics would help a lot. What about if it just a wound thats not serious?

Don't use a gun, you risk injuring yourself. If you feel euthanasia is the only option, use a shovel and quickly cut off its head.

Yes a semi ran right over the top of it. The back wheel only rand over its head as it was on a corner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back