Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

froggyboy86

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just thought I would post some pics of some recent herps I have seen over the past month from around New South Wales.

Thick Tailed Gecko (Nephrurus milli) near Sydney

South-eastern Morethia Skink (Morethia boulengeri) near Narrandera

Southern Bell Frog (Litoria raniformis) near Narrandera

Sandpaper Frog (Lechriodus fletcheri) near Woodenbong.

Whirring Tree Frog (Litoria revelata) near Woodenbong.

Stuttering Barred Frog (Mixophyes balbus) near Glen Innes.

Red-eyed Tree Frog (Litoria chloris) near Grafton.

Golden Crowned Snake (Cacophis squamulosus) from Sydney.

Eastern Stone Gecko (Diplodactylus vittatus) near Sydney.

Aaron

Your lucky to have such an array of beautiful frogs around you.

forgive me if im wrong but isnt the first gecko (thick tail) actualy an UNDERWOODISAURUS milli not nephrurus i knew they were related but didnt think they were the same

forgive me if im wrong but isnt the first gecko (thick tail) actualy an UNDERWOODISAURUS milli not nephrurus i knew they were related but didnt think they were the same

I'm fairly certain they were previous called nephrurus milli, but 100% sure. Very nice pictures!

Thanks for the comments

Will - I do go out herping often although I am having a break at the moment because of work commitments but I'll start again in mid January.

pythonoz - Thanks for 'shouting' but from what I understand these geckos used to be in the genus Underwoodisaurus but have now been moved into Nephrurus.

Nice shots Aaron, beautiful shot of the balbus, I have heard it is very hard to capture the blue on there eyes. looks like you have done a fair bit of travelling, well done with all those finds!

Great photos, Aaron. You certainly find some amazing frogs and take excellent photos of these.

Regards,
David

Recent rains in northern NSW prompted me to look for the only Cyclorana species I haven't seen in SE Australia, Cyclorana brevipes but I failed to find it in western Queensland. But I visited some old sites in northern NSW during the torrential downpour and got some new photos of some of my favourite species.

Dainty Green Tree Frog (Litoria gracilenta) near Tenterfield.

Bleating Tree Frog (Litoria dentata) near Tenterfield.

Dubious Dtella (Gehyra dubia) from Inglewood in Queensland. Was a nice town apart from the old man threatening me whilst I took this shot.

Aaron

Thanks for the comments,

Baz I use a Canon G7, great little camera especially for macro shots. I don't do any processing on my photos afterwards apart from the occasional crop so it does the job well. Most of my herping is done at night so it took me a lot of practice getting the lighting and camera settings right.

Aaron

Wow i love those pics, just wondering how big was that Dtella snout to vent roughly?

I think it was roughly about 7cm SVL, it was a decent sized gecko and well fed. There were some smaller geckos that had more markings that I now think were G. variegata. Annoyed I didn't get photos of them but I was getting abused by a drunk at the time and was quite flustered.

Aaron

They are Nephrurus Aaron, not Underwoodisaurus...good work on the Balbus....Let me know next time your up this way!

Cheers,
Scott

Awesome photos and report, well done. I hope you gave the old guy threatening you a mouthful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back