This is a forum

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
I've been thinking about making a thread like this one for a while and i think the time is right for it now.

This is a public internet forum. As long as you stick to the rules of APS you can say anything and everything you want and everything and anything you say here can be viewed by anyone (except in chit-chat... but that's besides the point lol). As we all know the whole point of a forum is to have discussions, so when you make a post any member (with the exception of the old farts and for sale forum) can respond to your post in anyway they want, so long as the forum rules are followed.

The point that i'm getting at is, if you post something on this forum and i agree or disagree with you or i think your post is ridiculous i am going to tell you what i'm thinking and why i think that. When i or anyone else does this it is not because i don't like and don't want anyone else having an opinion that is different to mine, it is not because i have a high post count, it is not because i am being intolerant of other members and it is not because i don't like you. It is because this is a discussion forum.

If you find yourself starting to take things too seriously and find yourself getting offended by posts that follow APS rules, look to the left, look to the right, up, down, behind and realise that reality is as close as walking away from your computer.

PS.
I know this next bit is in the wrong forum but can we make it a new rule that you have to atleast try and use proper spelling and punctuation? When i open a thread and see 'wot lyk wit dat fing speshal ryting' i find myself having to take some of my own advice.

Amen to that my friend :)

Spelling and grammar and all those things would be great but nobody will obey ;)

Happy with that, and couldn't agree more with spelling and grammar. Everyone makes the odd typo, but some abbreviations are just unable to be interpreted.

Sure public discussion and airing of opinions are valid on a forum like this, but a basic knowledge of the subject under discussion would be a good start. Some people on forums like these just like to get their post count up and not contribute to the discussion.

Exactly mrmikk, not all of us understand teenage text talk, I swear some people I just want to jump through the screen and teach them some proper grammar :lol:

What i can't stand is when people don't know how to add full stops and use proper sentences like cos its really annoying and i can't stand it cos i just don't like it when people ignore such basic rules of literature its really frustrating i know cos i get frustrated all the time form it and sometimes i pull my hair out and eat spaghetti when i get hungry cos that's my favorite food

What i can't stand is when people don't know how to add full stops and use proper sentences like cos its really annoying and i can't stand it cos i just don't like it when people ignore such basic rules of literature its really frustrating i know cos i get frustrated all the time form it and sometimes i pull my hair out and eat spaghetti when i get hungry cos that's my favorite food

Hahaha i'll tell you something, when i read writing without full stops, commas and all that bizzo i actually forget to breathe! lol

I dont like text talk, fonts that are not the default font, coloured fonts, people guessing madly on ID's and people posting threads in the field herping section that arnt field herping, I could whinge all day I would make a good old person!

oh and I also am not a fan of bad spelling, I can not whinge about grammer as I have a problem with paragraphs and dont know how to use them :lol:

Is that what it's called, 'text talk' ? Must be showing my age, I had no idea what 'plox' meant in another thread. I'm not the best writer, but a little spelling and grammar sure makes a thread easier to read.

And airing your views is fine, just don't get upset if someone else has a different opinion, I'm sure Waruikazi and I have had our differences over the years. That I can't remember them shows how much I hold his views against him. lol

Last edited:
Gordo... I totally agree with you, But are you not important enough to use a capital when talking about your self?.. LOL Just pulling your chain mate. :)

Happy with that, and couldn't agree more with spelling and grammar. Everyone makes the odd typo, but some abbreviations are just unable to be interpreted.

i agree 2 an extent (sp?) but not all speelling should b chucked, like imo we should still b able 2 use coz and b and wat, and stuf like that coz its just shorter and faster, and still understandable.

Will
P.S. can sum1 tell me *** "plox" means?

i agree 2 an extent (sp?) but not all speelling should b chucked, like imo we should still b able 2 use coz and b and wat, and stuf like that coz its just shorter and faster, and still understandable.

Will
You should be deported will;)

Will

English please.

Wiz-Fiz / Will: I honestly cannot see how dropping letters is 'faster' or 'more efficient' as I actually have to think about spelling wrong rather than typing normally, is this something they are teaching in schools? "How to type like you can't spell 101"?

You're not serious, anyway each their own. Apparently plox = please ?!?!?!?

Will

Plox means please? I thought it was what people did in the toilet :lol:

Seriously Willa, what are they teaching at your school? EPIC FAIL in the Spelling class or what!? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back