So, Whats your Claim to Fame?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilefan95

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Thought it would be cool to post a little thread up for people to show off who they are related to or who they have met or are friends with, or even seen at a restaurant once!!

My two claim to faims are firstly my uncle is on television (he was in Underbelly and fronted a band called Old 55) his name is Frankie J Holden.
My other claim to faim was i was in a movie that was about the holocaust, it was direceted by a man called Costa Gavras, the movies name was AMEN.

So whats your claim to fame?

I saw Steve Renouf wearing stained trackies in Queen St mall once.

Lol, I used to be a big fan of Old 55, I met Frankie and Wilbur on numerous occasions over the years.
More recently in Feb this year when they were doing the rounds for Bushfire relief,putting on free concerts on the peninsula.
Oh yeah, I was in Pharlap, the movie, as an extra..

hold the phone- I also saw lote Tuqiri eating a kebab but using the complimentary McDonalds food court chairs.

Can't believe the hide of that fella.

And I bet Baz didn't even need to change his kit for that role ;) probably rocked up with his own thoroughbred to hey.

I was told by my mother years ago that I'm closely related, on my fathers mothers side, to the Australian cinematographer Dean Semler (Mad Max, Apocalyto). Unfortunately my mother has passed and I never got to question her more about it.

Lol, I used to be a big fan of Old 55, I met Frankie and Wilbur on numerous occasions over the years.
More recently in Feb this year when they were doing the rounds for Bushfire relief,putting on free concerts on the peninsula.
Oh yeah, I was in Pharlap, the movie, as an extra..

hahaha really do you mean the Sapphire rock concert? My dad performed at that as "Tony Monaro and the Statesmen"

im a pro paint baller have been playing for years in loads of diferent teams and guested for rage city for the 2008 AXL camdem cup, we came first ofcorse :pive been sponcored my Irage paintball, topgun paintball, rockstar energy drink and macdev i dont have a big head im just saying im pretty well known in the sport and hopfully by the end of next year ill be playing in the USA up against their top team dynasty

My grandmother's cousin or cousin's cousin was Donald Bradman. My dad's cousin is Barry Bourke, the footballer.

Oh, and about 9 years ago I met Justin Chancellor, the bassist from Tool (don't listen to them anymore though).

But I'm not cool enough to have my own claim to fame.

Last edited:
would be nice being related to someone famous, though most don't interest me as they are not really much different, though I do like to meet people who have done something for wildlife and the country or have a interest that is the same as mine, Herpetology.

here are my 2 closest encounters with famous and semi famous people.

1. Walked past Terri Irwin and Wes mannion at Australia zoo and seen them two and Steve Irwin perform at a Croc show at Australia Zoo, was one of my favourite moments of my life!

2. Met John Williamson and seen him at a concert

I have also met a few reptile book authors and well known herpers like John Weigel, Ken Griffiths and Steve McEwan.

yeah i give change all the time to people who look like Jesus.

And if you added the last 5 posts you could have Jesus paintballing Don Burke at Australia Zoo from his Monaro.

Just sayin'.....

Sigrid Thronton (actress) was a distant cousin by marriage when I was in my first marriage....now I'm really scratching to find something famous. :) Also both my husbands have been named "Brian" does that count for anything. I've seen John Cleese and Shayne Gould and the fellow who played Herman Munster at air ports. I was a JP for a while when I lived in NSW.....I was born with 2 thumbs on my right hand.....one since removed....mmmmm, can't think of anything else !!! :)

My grandmothers godfather was President Kruger..always thought that was pretty cool.
Weezer, it was 1982 and i was 19.
No horse, it was the scruffy old suit jacket and brushback hairstyle they liked.
I had to watch and duck for cover while cars had a shoot out in front of me.

Last edited:
God I loved that movie as a kid- in the 80's in primary school it was on the curriculum, so schools could show it to us little weezers and get us into Banjo Pattersen poetry. Loved it. 1983....jeez

they didnt film it in the snowies either did they ? I am sure as a kid i remember my Mum pointing out of the car and saying "this is where they shot some parts" maybe i remember a sign also along those lines ...anyone ? I grew up in Sydney so it couldn't have been too far from the Western Suburbs... ummm I mean the North Shore doh !

i would have to win this.....when i was thirteen i once shook 7 foot plus Andre the Giants(legendary WWE wrestler) hands coming out of the the toilet at Flemington Markets back in the eighties. Didnt wash for weeks after that...:lol::lol::lol:

Ok firstly my grandmothers uncle was Andrew Fisher....for those who dont know some pollitician lol. and my aunty was the babysitter for jimmy barnes's tin lids lol and i met him on several occasions, Also in my near 10 years in security i have met several 100 celebs including: Garth brooks,Kasey chambers, Gary allan,Angry anderson,Boyz 2 men,Craig lowndes, Jamie whincup,Melinda schnider,James courtney,Dick johnson,Andrew ettinghausen,fatty vautin and the list goes on and on .....:oops:

i would have to win this.....when i was thirteen i once shook 7 foot plus Andre the Giants(legendary WWE wrestler) hands coming out of the the toilet at Flemington Markets back in the eighties. Didnt wash for weeks after that...:lol::lol::lol:

How sure are you he washed his hands? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back