Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serpenttongue, where did you get that hide in the 3rd pic from? Did you just get a big universal rock and cut a hole in it? Are all your rocks from universal? If so would you be able to PM me a rough price on those beauties. Awesome lacies, I'm going to have to get some one day, right after i buy a couple of acres so i have some more room

Nice ones Nick, They are all nice in their own right but that last one with the black snout and less striping looks hot! :)

Actually, the snout isn't black, it's just wet. He was drinking just before i took that pic:).

100_1769.jpg

Serpenttongue, where did you get that hide in the 3rd pic from? Did you just get a big universal rock and cut a hole in it? Are all your rocks from universal? If so would you be able to PM me a rough price on those beauties. Awesome lacies, I'm going to have to get some one day, right after i buy a couple of acres so i have some more room

Mudimans, That hide was from Universal, and was one of their smaller ones. Yes, I just cut a hole out the side.

Yes, all my hides are from Universal, but I purchased them when they were located at Mortdale, and were having a 'moving sale'. Everything was much cheaper then. I think that hide was around $40-50, but some of my larger ones were around $300-400. I should also point out that they were ex display rocks or factory seconds.

Universal is now located at Punchbowl. Usually if you ask for any factory seconds they will go through old ones out the back and sell one or two a bit cheaper. I love Universal. If they offered me a job there I'd take it immediately:D

Beautiful pics ST, your lacies always look so content.
Congrats on the gillens Richard
Interesting to see the difference between the gouldii and the flavi.
Is the flavi gouldii x? a female?
ruf5.jpg

This little guy was probably related to your male flavi Richard
yheytu7.jpg

Gosh, what beautiful little critters.. really O.O wow... such a shame theyre so snappy!

Beautiful pics ST, your lacies always look so content.
Congrats on the gillens Richard
Interesting to see the difference between the gouldii and the flavi.
Is the flavi gouldii x? a female?
ruf5.jpg

This little guy was probably related to your male flavi Richard
yheytu7.jpg
Baz, This juvenile Desert Sand Monitor you got from me in early 2005 is not related to any of the 2 adult male Desert Sand Monitor's - Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus that Richard now owns, cause niether of them 2 mated with the female that laid the eggs on the 4th September 2004.
The male you see here in this photo his the male who mated with one of me 3 females in July 2004, l should know seeing l was the one who breed and kept them all originaly.

Last edited:
Lol, I dont doubt your information Les.

Keep your hair on.:rolleyes:

You could make a coffee table book just of your lacie pics ST.

l doubt your information Baz - ssssnakeman you know quitewell that juvenile you posted on this thread was the one you got from me in March 2005, and died 6 months later, all because of what you feed it why you were looking after it.

Richardsc, can only thank his lucky stars that he now has 2 adult male Desert Sand Monitor's - Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus, that l got one of on permit from the wild in 2002, its so sad that the female he also got from me in September died not long after he took care of them, all because she became egg bound, seeing he was to slow to set-up the outdoor enclosure l also sold to him at the time, so she would feel happy living in what she was use to living in here at my place, with the right temperature and plenty of space to move around in outdoor all year around:D.

lts a shame he will have to use a female Sand Monitor that is 50% Gouldii and 50% Flavirufus to breed with what was my to pure adult male Flavirufus.

l doubt your information Baz - ssssnakeman you know quitewell that juvenile you posted on this thread was the one you got from me in March 2005
Yes I know that,,,duh
I was suggesting to Richard that it COULD be related, Thanks for clearing that up..
I wasnt arguing with you Les but like usual you jumped the gun and are having a carry on.
You just need to relax a bit and read the posts properly before answering and making yourself look
ignorant.
Cheers

Lez your implying your almighty herp keeping techniques are superior to everyone elses we get the point ,

get over yourself mate seriously

An angry goanna

FPVMatt, do you know where your V.acanthurus originates from? How old is it? Very nice.
Here's one of my V. acanthurus from the Pilbara region. This boy hatched out in 2005, and has not lost his fiesty spirit, nor his handsome looks! He wouldn't let go of my shirt once he got it, and held on to it for an hour after I put him back in his cage:
01-01-10_1856.jpg
01-01-10_1902.jpg

Worried dog "Don't get bitten, Dad!"
01-01-10_1913.jpg
Shirt attachment:
01-01-10_1914.jpg 01-01-10_1919.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back