This is a forum

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Otherwise you're just a hooker with no fullback. ;)

I am not a prostitute with no a-ss! ...................... I'm an exotic dancer... :lol:

Haha, I tend to get a little OCD with spelling and grammar in certain situations, in my work environment for example, it's all about covering a-ss (disregard my exotic dancer comment...;)).

It is commonly understood that in face to face communication, less than 10% of what we "say" is communicated in words. The other 90% is non-verbal, and para-verbal (How you say what you say... The cadence, tone and volume of your voice)
So if we are to communicate effectively using words, in the context of an internet forum, we must surely find a way to express ourselves as clearly as possible, attempting to indicate perhaps where we are;
Being sarcastic: "Yeah, that's real big..."

Ensuring people recognise the emphasised point: "This is my opinion."
The improper use of spelling and grammar can often be very misleading, and can completely change the context of a statement. There are so many words within the English language that sound the same but spelled differently, and sure, most of the time we are able to "interpret" the intended meaning, for some of us that is annoying, and for others it's a different interpretation altogether...

We all make mistakes from time to time, but these mistakes can be costly if you don't consider the consequences of using poor spelling and grammar. I regularly screen resumes, and dump 90% of them based on incorrect usage of spelling and grammar, and the crazy thing is, some of them come in word format already underlined red... If an applicant can't take the time to proof read the document they hope to secure employment with, then I don't want them working for me...

But seriously, relationships are strained all the time from these misinterpretations, job opportunities lost, respect lost...

Put a bit of effort in, for your own sake, not for those who already do it or feel strongly about it... And if you do, we might have more informative discussion, instead of losing thread after thread to flaming and insults...;)

Ppl can't help their spelling. Perhaps you could ask the forum owner to add a spell check feature so then ppl can have the computer correct their spelling.

I'm not familiar with other web browsers, but with Firefox you can set up a spell check!

At the top of the page select: Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> General -> Check my spelling as I type

It will then underscore any mistakes with a red line just like Word... Right click and it will provide substitutes. (This does not substitute education though... You can still select the wrong word for the context of the sentence...)

The point that i'm getting at is, if you post something on this forum and i agree or disagree with you or i think your post is ridiculous i am going to tell you what i'm thinking and why i think that.

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.” Churchill

hahha you making a run for Mod-ship Gordo ?

I don't get how you gear up wearing pluggers ?

You started this schimozzle Kazi now you must suffer the consequences and ride this pony to the finish line. Serves ya right.

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate....

.... some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants, well, he gets. I don't like this anymore than you men.

Go back to my original post in this thread. If you have posted something that i think is ridiculous then i am going to take you to task on it.

Not quite following you there, did you have "Esme Watson syndrome" removed from my post :shock:

What I do mind is people attacking others with insults, that they obviously don’t care about an animal that accidentally escapes, calling people idiots, insulting another’s intelligence.

Thats what i don't understand about you ??? What makes you think i don't care about my animals :? -you don't even know me! If i didn't care for them, i wouldn't keep them, they are pets, not an investment that lives in tiny containers..

You insulted my intelligence by assuming i was going to feed a live rat to a lost snake in my car! Did you fail to see the lid on the container ? ever thought that i had no frozen rats at the time & that perhaps i breed my own & simply did what i could at the time ???

Reading through this thread makes me realise how messed up this site is! (without insulting individuals)

It's a shame...

Not quite following you there, did you have "Esme Watson syndrome" removed from my post :shock:

Thats what i don't understand about you ??? What makes you think i don't care about my animals :? -you don't even know me! If i didn't care for them, i wouldn't keep them, they are pets, not an investment that lives in tiny containers..

You insulted my intelligence by assuming i was going to feed a live rat to a lost snake in my car! Did you fail to see the lid on the container ? ever thought that i had no frozen rats at the time & that perhaps i breed my own & simply did what i could at the time ???

Reading through this thread makes me realise how messed up this site is! (without insulting individuals)

It's a shame...
I feel for you I really do:( ..boo hoo boo hoo :cry:..............see I can be compasionate:D

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate....

I agree mate. And when something is in writing &/or picture form, it's up to the reader to interpret what they are seeing.

We humans seem to struggle with this :D

Last edited:
Well...i was after some advice/help ???:shock: who gives a **** about how/why it got out/why i put a live rat in a sealed tank in the car to lure the animal/why is toadie still in neighbours...

Funny thing is, someone posted a story about 2 snakes locking up due to feeding in the same enclosure & copped less ****..

It's not normal, i had never encountered people who carry on like this until i got the internet!!!

Welcome to society!
When is the last time you went out in your car, went to the supermarket or to the pub?
Society isn't all fluffy clouds & pretty flowers.
This is a forum & it attracts people from all walks of life from within the society we live in.
If you are trying to tell us that no-one is ever rude, obnoxious, painful, etc in society,
I suggest you take a step outside your fairytale world & discover reality!
That's just how it is.
As the favoured saying goes around here,
Swallow a cup of cement & harden the **** up!
It's happened to all of us & will happen again, get over yourself.

Welcome to society!
When is the last time you went out in your car, went to the supermarket or to the pub?
This is a forum & it attracts people from all walks of life from within the society we live in.
If you are trying to tell us that no-one is ever rude, obnoxious, painful, etc in society,
That's just how it is.

Grabs his cheer skirt and pom poms!!

Welcome to society!
That's just how it is.

Thanks for the lesson... Where i come from, it's "have a concrete milkshake" ;)

Get over myself ?...get over yourself

I never said life outside the internet was perfect, but will say life outside the intenet has a far less concentration of dorks.

I may seem like a prick on here, but i can't tolerate narrow minded, judgemental people.

I'm a nice guy!

The other day, i spotted a homeless person rummaging through a bin, we got about 100m down the road & i jumped out of the passenger door, ran back & gave the guy some cash..I a1N7 n0 H8R

Of course forums have little to do with reality Just as that cute little teenage girl might really be a fat 40 year old troll living in his mothers basement , the loudmouth agresive macho dude might be a skinny , pimply teenager who gets picked on at school . lts all in fun till you accidently upset that polite , well spoken , serial killer . [ Love Dexter }

LMAO, someone's a tad sensitive!

This is another thing i don't understand about the internet. Was that message directed at me, or are you preaching to the choir ?

Why do you post in a manner that seeks praise/responses/approval from persons that aren't directly involved in the conversation ?

This is another thing i don't understand about the internet. Was that message directed at me, or are you preaching to the choir ?

Why do you post in a manner that seeks praise/responses/approval from persons that aren't directly involved in the conversation ?

I guess this comes back to the fact that its a public forum. Any person can read and respond as they like. Obviously some people like to fish for backup or similar but that is not something which is likely to ever go away.

The only way to eliminate the contributions of external thread readers/posters would be to have a seperate communication with the specific person you wish to speak to.

The joy of forums is that SOMETIMES you will get an intelligent or useful response to your post. You need to take it all in and dont take it to heart when people say something which you disagree with. Everybody is entitled to an opinion

Last edited:
????
Is that a bit of paranoid schizophrenia creeping in?
my last message was clearly directed solely to you r3pt1le.
I don't quite understand how you came to another conclusion.
The only praise/responses/approval that I seek is from myself.
It's quite an easy concept to understand.
If you leave it alone it will go away.
If you keep harping on it, it won't.
As I said earlier, we have all been flamed for one thing or another, sometimes without even posting a thread.
My last was a pic of a bite I copped all because I chose to answer my phone while feeding.
I posted it & expected to get flamed, who really cares?
It's always good for a laugh & others can have whatever opinions they like.
It's not as if I am going to meet most the people on here anyway.
If it upsets you so much, think a little about what you are posting before you post it & grow up a little.
At the end of the day, you can always click the little red x in the top right hand corner of your screen.
You still have choices, it's up to you what you do with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back