Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoJosh

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I need to know what type of Dtella this is
Locality unknown so i know ID wont be easy
Its about 4cm from snout to vent so im guessing only a few weeks old
Sorry bout the lighting, my flash is not working
Or can anyone give any advice on telling them apart?

Attachments

• 100_1227.jpg
    100_1227.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
From what iv read AHGs have small conicle tubercles scattered on the dorsal surface and tail
These geckos have really smooth scales all over

From what iv read AHGs have small conicle tubercles scattered on the dorsal surface and tail
These geckos have really smooth scales all over

I believe it is an asian house gecko also.
A lot of them have tubercules on the tail only, however this gecko that you have looks as though it has a regenerated tail, in which case it may not have tubercules on its tail.
There aren't many gehyra's that reside in that area, but there is a chance it could be G. dubia or G.variegata, however they usually have a lot of patterning.

Yeah its not a AHG
Iv got 3 of them and they all look the same
I bought them on license but the guy at the time could not remember which Dtella it was
Iv had a really close look and they dont have a claw on their inside toe, indicating that it is not a house gecko
It would definitively be a G. dubia or G.variegata as they are the only ones on a NSW class 1 license except for G.australis
Can u tell me how to tell the 2 apart?
That would be great as im having trouble getting hold of the guy i got them of
thanks

Can you get a reptile field guide and identify the animal from that? It will come down to looking at the subdigital lamellae and seeing if they're divided or undivided.

Stewart

Sorry but can you please translate that
Yeah iv got Steve Swanson Field Guide but as it says in their they are variable and probably comprise of more than one species currently recognized
So if u can tell me a way that will be super
Can you get a reptile field guide and identify the animal from that? It will come down to looking at the subdigital lamellae and seeing if they're divided or undivided.

Stewart

These are some side pics, sorry bout the focus

Attachments

• 100_1232.jpg
    100_1232.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_1237.jpg
    100_1237.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 133
Come on where are the gecko experts when u need them
Can anyone please explain what subdigital lamellae is?

If you meant that you have the Wilson and Swan feild guide (and if it is the current edition) turn to page 64 and it will explain the answer to your question.

Im sorry i dont have my Coggers handy (i lent it to a friend)
Is their someone that can explain it to me or suggest a site that has this info?

Hi.
Given that the individual in your first pic seems different to your second and third pic, im pretty confident that you have at least one G. veriagata. The one in the first pic looks a little different but if you bought them all from the same person, its likely to be G. veriagata also...
Hope this helps.

Thanks yeah i was thinking thats what they were but was not sure
One of them lacks markings but is otherwise identical so i was thinking hypo maybe

some better pics,
Sorry bout the pic quality as these are very hard geckos to photograph due to size and skittish behavior
Locality is unknown as they were bought as captive bred (the seller still has not given me a species name almost a month later:evil:)

Attachments

• 100_1436.jpg
    100_1436.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_1437.jpg
    100_1437.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back