Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensational photos and reports. Those gecko photos are brilliant.
I love the bearded dragon shot with the wide angle lens too. You must of just about been keaning on his nose to take that!!!
What size lens did you use for the wedge tailed eagle photos?

What size lens did you use for the wedge tailed eagle photos?

70-200mm at the long end with a 2x teleconverter (so an effective focal length of 400mm). I was leaning out of the car window with my camera on a monopod. Then I had to crop the photo right down. They're really wary birds and we just couldn't get close to them.

Stewart

Thanks Stewart. I use to have a 70-200F2.8 with a 2 times converter and it was an awesome set-up. Unfortunately i had to sell it when i lost my job a few years ago.
I now have a 70-200 F4L which is a great little lens on its own, but no good with a converter.
Anyhow, i seem to end up with the compact all the time these days while my wife uses the DSLR!!LOL

good story...entertaining!

Love the last photo of the bearded dragon...really cool.

Cheers,
Dave

Fantastic story and fantastic trip Haha, so entertaining and made me wish I was there so much! I'm going to have to make a trip out that way now...so many animals that I would love to see. Can I have an invite next time? lol. Great effort :D

I use to have a 70-200F2.8 with a 2 times converter and it was an awesome set-up. Unfortunately i had to sell it when i lost my job a few years ago.
I now have a 70-200 F4L which is a great little lens on its own, but no good with a converter.

Is that the Canon one? Canon also have the very nice 100-400mm L series lens, something lacking in Nikon's range. Nikon do an 80-400, but it's slow and clunky. I opted for the 70-200 with the teleconverter. I think the results are better.

Stewart

Well, we saw Cyclodomorphus venustus. I don't think the Morney Plain has anything else to offer, so I'm not sure if it'd be worth going back out there.

Stewart

Im sure it would be worth going out there just to see that particular species :D Anywhere where there are herps and birds to be seen is worth going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back